The Downside- North Carolina | Syracusefan.com

The Downside- North Carolina

SWC75

Bored Historian
- Yes, it was a valiant effort. I don’t think the NCAA committee discusses valiant efforts.

- We will be playing teams we could have beaten with this effort and might get to a that magical 17th win to extend “the streak” but to get into the Big Dance, we need to knock off some ranked teams. Not tonight.

- John Gillon was 1 for 7 from the field, 0 for 4 on drives to the basket. I recall him passing off on a drive once and we scored easily. If he did that more often,. Not only would we score more often, but so would he. As badly as Gillon played, he played 38 of them Frnak Howard was in for 1 minute.

- This was supposed to be the tallest we ever had and one of the deepest but it’s turned out to be neither.

- Taurean Thompson hit the first shot to give us a 2-0 lead, the only one we had in the game. But he only played 12 minutes as he’s not ready to take on a front line like UNC’s and because we have to go with Lydon and Roberson to have any chance in games like this.

- I guess DaJuan Coleman’s career is basically over. We’ll never know how good a player he could have been. His career basically never got off the runway. It bugs me that UNC can recruit athletic 250 pounders and muscle us so badly underneath and all we’ve got is string beans, (and two more on the way for next year. Can’t we get a big strong dude who can rule the paint?

- It kills me when I hear we should slow it down against another team because of their pace and their athletes. We used to be the collegiate version of the showtime Lakers. This WAS Syracuse basketball:
Compare that to what you see now.

- When you get out-rebounded by 20 and have 4 more turnovers, you’ve got no shot. Points in the paint: 20-46. Points off turnovers: 8-26. Meeks, Hicks and Jackson had 54 points and 30 rebounds. They were 28 for 44 (.636) on two point shots. We were 16 for 35 (.457).

- Tyler Lydon’s two greatest games have bene in losses: 12 for 13 and 29 points vs. Georgetown and 11 for 14, 26 points in this one.

- I thought we’d finally get some ‘points’ for our performance against ranked teams. Nope. UNC was ranked #9, so we got 17 points for playing them- and then lost by exactly 17. The goose egg remains, unfortunately.

- Somewhere, Wes Johnson isn’t smiling.
articleLarge.jpg

I'd kill to have 4th year Rak Christmas on the squad again. Size and anger. We need large doses of it.

Alas, Frank was just terrible when he was in there. How many turnovers/bad passes did he make? Thompson only knows how to turn around and shoot (often ending in a score, so that's good) or trying to awkwardly drive and shoot (usually doesn't go well). He never passes. I think he is going to be very good but Roberson is far superior this year.

Alas, Frank was just terrible when he was in there. How many turnovers/bad passes did he make? Thompson only knows how to turn around and shoot (often ending in a score, so that's good) or trying to awkwardly drive and shoot (usually doesn't go well). He never passes. I think he is going to be very good but Roberson is far superior this year.

1. Just 1.

Meanwhile, Gillon went 1-7 and had 4 points. Yeah, he had 6 assists, but Lydon didn't miss, so those weren't exactly difficult assists to garner.

The only FH moment I recall was him Picking up his dribble too early and heading to the bench. Lol

1. Just 1.

Meanwhile, Gillon went 1-7 and had 4 points. Yeah, he had 6 assists, but Lydon didn't miss, so those weren't exactly difficult assists to garner.
I believe you! It just seemed he was turning the ball over, not seeming to know where he was on the court . . . he clearly was hurting us. We were so relieved when Gillon came in, but . . . .

I believe you! It just seemed he was turning the ball over, not seeming to know where he was on the court . . . he clearly was hurting us. We were so relieved when Gillon came in, but . . . .
He was on the court for less than a minute... Are we talking about the same game?

1. Just 1.

Good shooters should get an assist when they get the passer an assist by making the shot.

1. Just 1.

Howard played for one minute last night. I think the fact that SU kept making runs to stay within striking distance made JB reluctant to go back to him. Not sure he could have been worse than Gillon, but who knows.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom