The downside of ESPN3/DVR's | Syracusefan.com

The downside of ESPN3/DVR's

texascpa

Living Legend
First, I love ESPN3 - a whole slew of games are available that normally would not have been, plusthe fact that you can rewatch games months in the past. However, there is one major downside to watching a replay of a game you have not yet seen...

I couldn't watch the live game on Friday, so I waited until about 11pm CST for the replay to pop up. When you start a replay and put your mouse over the play/sound bar at the bottom of the video, the video length also shows. The replay was almost 4 hours! Right there, I knew either the game had a ton of incomplete passes (which would lead me to believe our passing game sucked) or the game went into overtime (which, in itself sucks). As the first, then second quarter passed and we were only at 90 minutes, it was very apparent that the game went into overtime. Sigh...you know how difficult it is to continue to watch a game when you know it's going to overtime. You can pretty much call the game as it goes on.

Wish they would mask the video time some how.

you could move the screen so that part is out of the window view. I wish it wasnt so hard to move around the game. My ISP is slow and it takes 1-2 min to jump around and watch . its almost impossible to rewind it well.

you could move the screen so that part is out of the window view. I wish it wasnt so hard to move around the game. My ISP is slow and it takes 1-2 min to jump around and watch . its almost impossible to rewind it well.

It's the worst when trying to scroll thru a commercial. Commercial starts at 1:47:35, I ever so slightly move the bar, and I'm at 2:09:46. I try to move it back ever so slightly and I'm at 1:23:27.

Drives me crazy.

The interface should look like how a lot of podcast apps do it: Have -30 sec and +30 sec buttons. That should work.

It's the worst when trying to scroll thru a commercial. Commercial starts at 1:47:35, I ever so slightly move the bar, and I'm at 2:09:46. I try to move it back ever so slightly and I'm at 1:23:27.

Drives me crazy.

lol, this too. I've given up trying to "fast-forward" and use the time to do something else.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom