The entire 1996 Gator Bowl is on YouTube | Syracusefan.com

The entire 1996 Gator Bowl is on YouTube

But ... but we don't have a rock! Actually I have to admit I love their pregame entrance .. pretty sweet. But this view they have of history is awful insane to me.

Enjoy!

Fun fact: In the 3 seasons following this 41-0 beatdown (1996-98), Syracuse won more conference titles than Clemson has won in the past 25 (and counting).

BOOM! Great find. Eat it, Clemson fans (and this is all in good fun).

internet-wins.jpg

That Tommy West face has to give the longer running Clemson fans nightmares. For the life of me, I couldn't figure out how that Clemson offense accomplished as much as it did that season. So vanilla. So slow.

All I heard pregame was "Raymond Priester is gonna run all over your a$$es". Raymond Priester couldn't outrun a telephone pole.

this view they have of history is awful insane to me.
We understandably pretend that the West and Hatfield eras never happened. It's much better to pretend we've always been coached by Heisman, Howard, Pell, Ford, and Swinney without all of the unpleasantness between.

We understandably pretend that the West and Hatfield eras never happened. It's much better to pretend we've always been coached by Heisman, Howard, Pell, Ford, and Swinney without all of the unpleasantness between.
Yea we have the same thing with a guy named Robinson, wish we could forget.

We could probably toast a few PBRs together to Rob Spence. No offense to Marsh, I was just trying to think of the beer most likely to make me my pants.

And hey, at least you never had to get to know this guy...

11353041-large.jpeg

We could probably toast a few PBRs together to Rob Spence. No offense to Marsh, I was just trying to think of the beer most likely to make me my pants.

And hey, at least you never had to get to know this guy...

11353041-large.jpeg
I didn't know Spence coached at Syracuse. Talk about a fall from grace. He came into Clemson with fanfare, got fired, apparently fired by y'all, too... then the last I heard about him was from a friend who coaches at a lowcountry SC high school who said Rob Spence had applied for a position there. Not as the head coach. And he didn't get it.

I admit I wish we could do the same thing. Biggie Munn, Schwartzwalder, McPherson, etc.

I didn't know Spence coached at Syracuse. Talk about a fall from grace. He came into Clemson with fanfare, got fired, apparently fired by y'all, too... then the last I heard about him was from a friend who coaches at a lowcountry SC high school who said Rob Spence had applied for a position there. Not as the head coach. And he didn't get it.

Yeah heard the same thing ... applied to be water boy then found out that he couldn't use a bubble screen for water filtration ...

OrangePA said:
Pasqualoni

I agree with that.

Believe it or not, I would have put him on that Mt. Rushmore as well.

I wouldn't put Marrone on it. But maybe he could get a special spot, suspending over the top, with wings and a halo.

hes still waiting on that second miracle.

Believe it or not, I would have put him on that Mt. Rushmore as well.

I wouldn't put Marrone on it. But maybe he could get a special spot, suspending over the top, with wings and a halo.

By the way, Biggie Munn coached on the Hill for one season and I'm pretty sure it was a non-winning season.

He became a legend at MSU.

By the way, Biggie Munn coached on the Hill for one season and I'm pretty sure it was a non-winning season.

Yeah I noted that in the other thread ... we have had quite a carousel.

We also had Saban and Mullen and a few others worth noting .. hell O'Leary at UCF is a good reference point too.

@ 8:55 in the second clip "clemson de-clawed, done, finished." there was 11:43 left in the third quarter.

We also had Saban and Mullen and a few others worth noting .. hell O'Leary at UCF is a good reference point too.

Tom Coughlin isn't a bad credit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom