The entire 1996 Gator Bowl is on YouTube | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

The entire 1996 Gator Bowl is on YouTube

Believe it or not, I would have put him on that Mt. Rushmore as well.

I wouldn't put Marrone on it. But maybe he could get a special spot, suspending over the top, with wings and a halo.
the roof of the dome makes a great canvas

excuse me while i make the worlds hastiest and terrible photoshop

I wouldn't put Marrone on it. But maybe he could get a special spot, suspending over the top, with wings and a halo.

Marrone gets on before Biggie Munn.

the roof of the dome makes a great canvas

excuse me while i make the worlds hastiest and terrible photoshop
14ec86v.jpg

who gets on a syracuse athletics mt rushmore

Schwartzwalder, Boeheim, Simmons, Mac?

The Clemson DBs are still trying to catch up with Marvin Harrison, and the game happened 18 years ago.

We used that same Clemson Cover 0.0 on Adam Humphries last year. Let's never do that again.

The Clemson DBs are still trying to catch up with Marvin Harrison, and the game happened 18 years ago.

Similar to the Mizzou DB's still wondering who's supposed to be covering Alec Lemon

A lot of people say he rode Coach Macs wave

A lot of people have no idea what they're talking about.

First, Coach Mac struggled until DeLeone and Pasqualoni joined the staff.

DeLeone developed the pro-option when he arrived in 1985 and took Don McPherson from bench player to star.

The SU defense - that P helped coach for the first time in 1987 - was a big reason why we went undefeated that year.

And by, say, 1998, when the Orange was playing in the Fiesta Bowl, Coach Mac had been gone I believe for eight years. Hard for him to take credit for what was being done that far out.

Millhouse said:
who gets on a syracuse athletics mt rushmore

Schwartzwalder, Boeheim, Simmons, Mac?

Not sure how Desko could be left off.

A lot of people have no idea what they're talking about.

First, Coach Mac struggled until DeLeone and Pasqualoni joined the staff.

DeLeone developed the pro-option when he arrived in 1985 and took Don McPherson from bench player to star.

The SU defense - that P helped coach for the first time in 1987 - was a big reason why we went undefeated that year.

And by, say, 1998, when the Orange was playing in the Fiesta Bowl, Coach Mac had been gone I believe for eight years. Hard for him to take credit for what was being done that far out.

I totally agree with you. I'm not one of those people

NKR1978 said:
Not sure how Desko could be left off.
Who are you kicking off? Desko shmeshko

DANFORTH!!!!! I kid I kid

Not me.

Danforth had a truly great run and was very much responsible for what we have today.

He was also a very personable guy - very funny - the public loved him.

He made a bad mistake taking the Tulane job - though I always heard that his wife wanted to return to the south.

Some great players on that team:
Donovan Mc Nabb
Marvin Harrison
Olindo Mare
Rob Conrad
Donavin Darius

We need some more like them

I would add Tommy Bowden as a honorable mention to our list. He is personally responsible for the term Clemsoning. Get killed by Wake Forest and then blow out #3 FSU the next week. Beat #10 Miami on the road and lose to 2-10 Duke.

Someone said Clemson hasn't lost to an unranked team at home since 2008 in another thread. Funny that is the year we fired Bowden.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom