the fake fg? | Syracusefan.com

the fake fg?

upperdeck

Living Legend
1) too bad they didnt have any replay to see how the guy got out there without being covered?
2) but second why was not reversed? i thought live be bobbled it but its pretty clear on the replay he didnt catch it?

Have no idea how the staff didn't see that the Husky was uncovered and not call a TO.

With that said, I also have no idea how that could have been deemed "inconclusive." It was obvious it hit the ground. Obvious to everyone except the muppet reviewing the play.

Give them a break. They needed to pay the refs off so they could have a shot at knocking off a P5 school as a Hail Mary for the barely watching eyes of the Big 12 ;)

It was bad all the away around, as soon as you see someone running out towards the sideline, someone needs to call a timeout. If that ref did the Cowboys playoff game a couple years ago, we might have gone to the super bowl.

We almost pulled off a similar play last year at the dome. Forget what team it was (Pittsburgh?), but they spotted it at the last minute and called a time out.

Against USF, they put 4 receivers on left side and we countered with two defenders. no adjustment. so the qb throws to one of the receivers but it is too high and the next receiver is right behind him and the ball hits him in the gut and he drops it. amazing

I thought the UConn holder didn't get off the ground before he caught the ball and he should be down at that point.

I thought the UConn holder didn't get off the ground before he caught the ball and he should be down at that point.

That is not the rule. Holders are allowed to catch the snap with a knee on the ground and still get up and make a play. Otherwise the play is dead once any holder catches the ball, even before a kick could be made.

Anyone else notice on the replay they showed the coaches trying to get TO before the snap? It was close, but obviously didn't get the referee's attention in time.

That is not the rule. Holders are allowed to catch the snap with a knee on the ground and still get up and make a play. Otherwise the play is dead once any holder catches the ball, even before a kick could be made.

Anyone else notice on the replay they showed the coaches trying to get TO before the snap? It was close, but obviously didn't get the referee's attention in time.

Unlike the TO called before the onside's kick after UConn had already kicked it and SU easily recovered. The ref had no problem giving that TO and awarding UConn the rekick. Horrible crew all day long.

Unlike the TO called before the onside's kick after UConn had already kicked it and SU easily recovered. The ref had no problem giving that TO and awarding UConn the rekick. Horrible crew all day long.

When you forget to wear a bra, and jump around like a crazy person all day, refs tend to notice you.

Have no idea how the staff didn't see that the Husky was uncovered and not call a TO.

With that said, I also have no idea how that could have been deemed "inconclusive." It was obvious it hit the ground. Obvious to everyone except the muppet reviewing the play.
it's the second time in two games that there was an obvious special teams clusterf that didn't get a timeout called

diaco has two black eyes today

I've never seen a coach who got so much airtime as Diaco did. It was unbelievable. SU scores, they immediately go to Diaco. Is he really that exciting to watch, or did his wife direct the broadcast?

Speaking of refs, has anyone noticed that we have went two full games without our opponent getting an offensive line holding call. It might even be longer, I don't remember if there were any during the Louiville game. Are officials punishing us because were a pain to officiate.

A. It was not obvious that it hit the ground but it was obvious that he at least bobbled it - and also obvious that by the time he controlled it, 75% of his body was OOB.

AS far as the reciever, my educated guess is that it was a designed trick play. They snuck him on the field and he just stayed over on the far side. The holder would have snapped it either way, it was up to him to fake it, if open, or kick if covered.

A. It was not obvious that it hit the ground but it was obvious that he at least bobbled it - and also obvious that by the time he controlled it, 75% of his body was OOB.

AS far as the reciever, my educated guess is that it was a designed trick play. They snuck him on the field and he just stayed over on the far side. The holder would have snapped it either way, it was up to him to fake it, if open, or kick if covered.

Did you notice if the holder's knee was down? A lot of people in the game thread said it was, I didn't replay it to check.

Did you notice if the holder's knee was down? A lot of people in the game thread said it was, I didn't replay it to check.
Yeah, I think that is the standard way to hold for a FG.

Didn't realize that rule on the fake kick, being down then up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom