The fsu game should be tuesday 2/9 | Syracusefan.com

The fsu game should be tuesday 2/9

jgeorge322

Living Legend
Instead of 2/11. This 9 day break in the middle of conference play is really unprecedented. I went back to 09/10 on the magnet schedules on my fridge and the longest break weve had is 8 days but that was ove xmas break and not in the middle of the conference season. Weve had 7 day breaks during conference play but 9 seems ridiculous. Fsu plays 2/6, 5 days before our game and then 2/14, 3 days after. Why isnt this a tuesday 2/9 game?

Instead of 2/11. This 9 day break in the middle of conference play is really unprecedented. I went back to 09/10 on the magnet schedules on my fridge and the longest break weve had is 8 days but that was ove xmas break and not in the middle of the conference season. Weve had 7 day breaks during conference play but 9 seems ridiculous. Fsu plays 2/6, 5 days before our game and then 2/14, 3 days after. Why isnt this a tuesday 2/9 game?

Because math is hard. And the people who do the schedule are math illiterate.

I know its because tv but there should be a fairness factor and 9 days is too long.

I think having a break to rest our legs will be nice, especially because I expect the FSU game to be very difficult. But from an entertainment perspective, 9 days without a game is going to be gut-wrenching.

I think having a break to rest our legs will be nice, especially because I expect the FSU game to be very difficult. But from an entertainment perspective, 9 days without a game is going to be gut-wrenching.

I think our players get dinked up during games but they keep playing. So it's good to get some time to heal up.

I thought this as well. But 7 days is just fine. 9 days is too long.

http://orangehoops.org/GameResults/G2004-2005.htm

we had 2 separate 7 day breaks in 04-05 but 9 is CRAZY.

For some reason, your description of the break as "gut-wrenching" made me laugh.

I hate the idea of not having a game for nine days, but it certainly gives the players time to rest a bit, recover from any nagging pains, and maybe even catch up on some class work. Also gives JB the opportunity to both emphasize the basics and tweek both the offense and defense. Prepare Howard to play a bigger role, for example.

I was concerned, but this game brought some of the big flaws back to mind from the losing stretch. Perhaps this break will give the coaching staff time to work on some real fundamentals.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom