The Giants continue their blunders | Syracusefan.com

The Giants continue their blunders

jvbj01

All Conference
How do you get a delay of game penalty after a timeout?

jvbj01 said:
How do you get a delay of game penalty after a timeout?

This team needs a makeover big time

This team needs a makeover big time
0-2 Eli Giants Super Bowl.jpg

:D

Hey Giants fans you may see Odell Beckham Jr. in the Dome next Saturday. They play on Thursday and then we play LSU on Saturday.

Does the Hall of Fame worthy-Super Bowl winning-tremendously clutch quarterback deserve any blame for the team's 22 - 28 record since their last championship?

Yes.

Does oft-injured, has never done anything QB get any blame for the lack of a ring?

When the defense isn't elite the pedestrian QB isn't going to get it done. Sad. Huge contract for the definition of an average QB.

When the defense isn't elite the pedestrian QB isn't going to get it done. Sad. Huge contract for the definition of an average QB.
I wouldn't go that far. I think Eli is an excellent quarterback. He has his highs and lows like everyone else. I just think the "Eli is great, Romo sucks" narrative is a symptom of superficial thinking.

I wouldn't go that far. I think Eli is an excellent quarterback. He has his highs and lows like everyone else. I just think the "Eli is great, Romo sucks" narrative is a symptom of superficial thinking.

Eh, he's Alex Smith but in a big market with a big name attached...And a defense that won him two Super Bowls. Tony Romo is a FAR better QB. Far, far, far, far better. And I hate Tony Romo.

He's not a bad QB, just pedestrian. I'd take him if I were the Bills or some team like that.

ok, you want TC out, fine.

but for the love of pete!! why on gods green earth would you want those 2 as candidates?????!!!!

never in a gazillion years.

Who's your top two? I hope it's not McAdoo and Spags.

ok, you want TC out, fine.

but for the love of pete!! why on gods green earth would you want those 2 as candidates?????!!!!

never in a gazillion years.

I'd love to never hear Gruden again on MNF. That's a great reason all by itself.

I believe any NFL team with a legit QB and HC opening would be stupid not to talk with Nick Saban. Saban has to be approaching a time at Bama where anything short of NC is a failure and that is kinda tough.
I wouldn't touch Gruden or Cowher they have been out of the daily coaching grind to long and I doubt Gruden wants to give up the MNF job and all the Spider 2 Y Bananas.

I believe any NFL team with a legit QB and HC opening would be stupid not to talk with Nick Saban. Saban has to be approaching a time at Bama where anything short of NC is a failure and that is kinda tough.
I wouldn't touch Gruden or Cowher they have been out of the daily coaching grind to long and I doubt Gruden wants to give up the MNF job and all the Spider 2 Y Bananas.
I'll ask you the same question that I asked Kaiser about who your top two choices would be. Saban could be an option. He doesn't have a great NFL track record but he definitely is a very good coach. If you were exclusively looking for someone who is currently a coordinator or with HC experience who would you want. Personally I would still take Cowher or Gruden over that person but I would still like to hear other people's choices.

I'll ask you the same question that I asked Kaiser about who your top two choices would be. Saban could be an option. He doesn't have a great NFL track record but he definitely is a very good coach. If you were exclusively looking for someone who is currently a coordinator or with HC experience who would you want. Personally I would still take Cowher or Gruden over that person but I would still like to hear other people's choices.
Adam Gaze Bears OC
Josh McDaniels Patriots OC
Teryl Austin Lions DC
Frank Reich Chargers OC
Jim Mora Jr. UCLA HC
David Shaw Stanford HC
Eric Mangini 49ers DC
Jim Harbaugh Michigan HC
Mike Shanahan
Brian Kelly Notre Dame HC
Hue Jackson Bengals OC
of course for Kaiser Doug Marrone Jags OL coach.

Who's your top two? I hope it's not McAdoo and Spags.

if you asked me in july, then yes McAdoo wouldve been my answer.

i never wanted Spags Part II to begin with.

ive detailed this before, in the 90 years of the New York Football Giants franchise, theyve hire 2 HC's who werent from inside the 'family'. Bill Arnsbarger who was about as hot a coach as there was and Dan Reeves, who was recommended by Tom Landry to Wellington...thats it...2.

i really dont know, im trying not to think about it. hopefully they right this ship and its still McAdoo.

1 thing i do know, it wont be the 2 clowns you named.

i think john fox pulling a marrone and getting here is a more likely scenario.

ive detailed this before, in the 90 years of the New York Football Giants franchise, theyve hire 2 HC's who werent from inside the 'family'. Bill Arnsbarger who was about as hot a coach as there was and Dan Reeves, who was recommended by Tom Landry to Wellington...thats it...2.

i really dont know, im trying not to think about it. hopefully they right this ship and its still McAdoo.

Fox might be worse at clock management than Coughlin.

Exactly, that's why I thought your two choices would be the coordinators. Hopefully the Giants made a move in the right direction today by getting rid of stone hands and hopefully Mr. King of Social Media will be suiting up real soon so we can see how potent McAdoo's offense really is. We saw glimmers of hope last year. He knows the job is his if he does well, so let's see how he does under pressure. So far not too impressed this season.

Adam Gaze Bears OC
Josh McDaniels Patriots OC
Teryl Austin Lions DC
Frank Reich Chargers OC
Jim Mora Jr. UCLA HC
David Shaw Stanford HC
Eric Mangini 49ers DC
Jim Harbaugh Michigan HC
Mike Shanahan
Brian Kelly Notre Dame HC
Hue Jackson Bengals OC
of course for Kaiser Doug Marrone Jags OL coach.
That's a great list but not a NY Giants list. The only ones I could reasonably see on the sidelines would be McDaniels and Brian Kelly. Mangini-not in NY, Harbaugh-great coach but too much drama, Shanahan-that's a tough one, Hue Jackson-no, Austin-never been a HC, Shaw-possible future NFL HC but not enough experience right now, Reich-not sure why the Bills didn't hire him, Mora Jr-not enough success.

That's a great list but not a NY Giants list. The only ones I could reasonably see on the sidelines would be McDaniels and Brian Kelly. Mangini-not in NY, Harbaugh-great coach but too much drama, Shanahan-that's a tough one, Hue Jackson-no, Austin-never been a HC, Shaw-possible future NFL HC but not enough experience right now, Reich-not sure why the Bills didn't hire him, Mora Jr-not enough success.

Shanahan is terrible. If not for HOF John Elway, no one would ever be interested in Shanahan. Just my opine.

At least they blundered into the Washington end zone enough last night to shut up the DC media. They were all suckered in by the fool's gold of their win over the Rams last week.

Shanahan is terrible. If not for HOF John Elway, no one would ever be interested in Shanahan. Just my opine.

Shanahan is indeed terrible.

"Huh, we got Donovan McNabb? I'm going to pout now and run an offense that plays to none of his strengths."

You can't beat that strategy. Moron. It's the NFL, not college, you coach to whom you got, especially if it's your big QB acquisition. Oh, you didn't get Marc Bulger. Sorry. :( I can only imagine the great things those two would have accomplished together. He's awful. Not Norv Turner awful, but awful.

I'm sure he would go with the read option for Eli.

Shanahan is indeed terrible.

"Huh, we got Donovan McNabb? I'm going to pout now and run an offense that plays to none of his strengths."

You can't beat that strategy. Moron. It's the NFL, not college, you coach to whom you got, especially if it's your big QB acquisition. Oh, you didn't get Marc Bulger. Sorry. :( I can only imagine the great things those two would have accomplished together. He's awful. Not Norv Turner awful, but awful.

I'm sure he would go with the read option for Eli.

Preach it brother!

AMEN!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom