The Girls Are having a B1G "O" | Syracusefan.com

The Girls Are having a B1G "O"

MaxwellCuse

All Conference
First of all this is for entertainment purposes only. I don't believe that we have to start trying to figure out who we schedule in place of Maryland, nor do I believe there is a chance in he11 that Rutgers is on its way to the B1G. However, quite a few Piscatawayans are getting damp and fluttery over a new rumor that has captured their attention:

http://rutgers./showmsg.asp?fid=642&tid=159815575&mid=159815575&sid=988&style=2

Still waiting for confirmation from The Dude.

the rumor is about maryland but somehow they convince themselves they are also part of the equation.

the maryland rumor is a joke to begin with.

I must be a dope because I can't figure out how to use that link (e.g. I removed the **s). Anyways, Rutgers has been on the verge of Big Tendom for about 5 years now ...according to their fans. About 3 years ago they were laughing at us because we would be left behind in the crumy BE after they got their Big 10 invite.

I hope it works out for them. And if it's Maryland too, that would likely be good news for UConn to the ACC. Or maybe PSU.

I hope it works out for them. And if it's Maryland too, that would likely be good news for UConn to the ACC. Or maybe PSU.
That would also mean our new conference would get a FIFTY MILLION DOLLAR exit fee

******** = r i v a l s . c o m

We don't like giving them direct traffic.

What'd it take--20 years between PSU and Nebraska? Tells you everything you need to know right there. The state of Nebraska sure has great demographics...

When all is said and done, I think there will be some combination of Missouri, Kansas, Oklahoma, and Texas in the B10.

wherever rutgirls lands, and eventually they will land someplace, they will be nothing more than filler.

wherever rutgirls lands, and eventually they will land someplace, they will be nothing more than filler.
And they will that they held out for the best deal after being offered by every conference and that they were a key peice to the puzzle and that their state doesn't smell like horse dung.

I really don't understand why so many on this board continue to underestimate Rutgers.

Why do they bother you so much?

They have never been a rival - have never had the deep tradition of Syracuse University Football and ultimately pose no real threat to our program.

I am much more concerned with and interested in Pitt, BC, MD, Va Tech, Miami and other true and long term SU rivals.

Having said that, I do not understand how so many on this board discount the Rutgers program. It has decent money, it has talent, the game experience in Piscataway is solid, and it's football academic performance is very strong.

What'd it take--20 years between PSU and Nebraska? Tells you everything you need to know right there. The state of Nebraska sure has great demographics...

When all is said and done, I think there will be some combination of Missouri, Kansas, Oklahoma, and Texas in the B10.

Yea cause Missouri is going to leave the SEC.

Texas will never give up their Longhorn Network - until they start losing money on it.

Oklahoma and probably Oklahoma State would be fantastic additions to the Big 10 - to go with Nebraska.

Kansas not so bad either but not by themselves. Oklahoma AND Kansas I could understand. Something tells me Ok and OkSt are joined at the hip though.

I'd say Penn State to the ACC and OK, OK State and Kansas to the Big 10.

And Bees, Buttgers did land someplace, it's called the sunbeast.

A great line of sarcasm from the thread:

"Nothing on the WVU boards so probably false."

I especially like the part where they break down the divisions and potential schedules.

Yea cause Missouri is going to leave the SEC.

Texas will never give up their Longhorn Network - until they start losing money on it.

Oklahoma and probably Oklahoma State would be fantastic additions to the Big 10 - to go with Nebraska.

Kansas not so bad either but not by themselves. Oklahoma AND Kansas I could understand. Something tells me Ok and OkSt are joined at the hip though.

I'd say Penn State to the ACC and OK, OK State and Kansas to the Big 10.

And Bees, Buttgers did land someplace, it's called the sunbeast.

OU and Oklahoma State are joined at the hip. OSU is not desirable to the Big Ten in the least. Not AAU. Academics not like the rest. Even OU would be something that Dulany would have to smooth over with those snobby Upper Midwesterners.

Also kU and K-State are joined at the hip too. Have to factor that into the equation.

As for Mizzou...well there has always been a sizeable portion of our fanbase and administration that has pined for the Big Ten. We were halfway there in the summer of 2010 and then we weren't. I doubt it would happen but two years ago I never fathomed that we'd be in the Southeastern Conference either. Also the SEC has no buyout fee either.

They've already landed. Group of 5.

Not sure why we are still having that discussion. Rutgers leaving the Group of 5 is like Alabama leaving the SEC. When you fit in that well, you don't mess with it.

the only place left is the bevo. expecially this year.

if kstate wins the bevo, then gets to sit home, knowing theyre in the bcs title game while the pac and sec fight it out 1x more time...who boy.

4 team playoff or not, the bevo needs to get to 12 and have a title game.

got to think lville is 11, then id take rut. but who knows, who cares...Syracuse is ACC.

Ever since the Rutgers game ended, I've lost all interest in that school. Couldn't care less where they go, how much they make, or who they play.

Like bees said, they'll be packfill wherever they end up.

I really don't understand why so many on this board continue to underestimate Rutgers.

Why do they bother you so much?

They have never been a rival - have never had the deep tradition of Syracuse University Football and ultimately pose no real threat to our program.

I am much more concerned with and interested in Pitt, BC, MD, Va Tech, Miami and other true and long term SU rivals.

Having said that, I do not understand how so many on this board discount the Rutgers program. It has decent money, it has talent, the game experience in Piscataway is solid, and it's football academic performance is very strong.

don't really care about them. just stated one fact. in fact, you wasted 7x as many words on them than i did. why do you care so much to defend them?

if kstate wins the bevo, then gets to sit home, knowing theyre in the bcs title game while the pac and sec fight it out 1x more time...who boy.

got to think lville is 11, then id take rut. but who knows, who cares...Syracuse is ACC.

buttgers in the bevo would be great.

just put my deposit down on ACC season tickets next year. yeehaw.

My favorite:

I still say The SEC is a better football business deal for Rutgers and Maryland. Unless it The Texas Longhorns The SEC can't do better then Rutgers and Maryland.

Thing is, K State is probably going to the BCS Championship game this year because they don't have to play in that Big 12 title game. A rematch with Oklahoma might not work out so well for them. I think the Bevo teams like that.

Pac 12 doesn't do neutral site so Oregon gets to host UCLA or USC in Autzen for their conf championship game, huge advantage.

Something happens every year, but hard to imagine 2 of the 3 undefeateds losing at this point. If they do, Georgia/Bama becomes a de facto semi final game. Which would be pretty cool. What a scene Atlanta will be for that game.

My favorite:

I still say The SEC is a better football business deal for Rutgers and Maryland. Unless it The Texas Longhorns The SEC can't do better then Rutgers and Maryland.

c112.jpg