The last 5 years... | Syracusefan.com

The last 5 years...

orangefan13

Hall of Fame
Was thinking and in the last 5 years howabout this team...

PG-MCW (soph)/ Tyler Ennis (Fr), Sr. Scoop Jardine(Sr)
SG Dion Waiters (so), Trever Cooney Sr. / Brandon Triche (Sr) Michael Gbinije (Sr)
SF- CJ Fair (Sr.) Mike Gbinije (Sr) Kris Joseph (Sr)
PF- Jerami Grant (so) James Southerland (Sr) Tyler Roberson(Jr) Chris McCullough, Rakeem Christmas(Sr)
Center- Rakeem Christmas (Sr) Fab Melo(So minus his grades) Dajaun Coleman(Center) Keita (Sr)

Put it all together...Really is a scary good team.
MCW,DION,GBINIJE playing Guard defense. up top. With Fab Melo, Jerami Grant together in the backline. Scary.

Last edited:
Not to rain on the parade, but wouldn't most good programs be able to field scary good teams if they went back 5 years?

Not to rain on the parade, but wouldn't most good programs be able to field scary good teams if they went back 5 years?

Yes, but how good and how fun to watch, would that team be :)

Yes, but how good and how fun to watch, would that team be :)

True. So would teams from Duke, Kentucky, Arizona, Michigan, Michigan St, Ohio St, UNC, Louisville, Kansas, etc. Ridiculous talent on those teams the past 5 years.

There is also the point of what year they are.
Alot of solid seniors CJ, Southerland, Rak, Gbinije to name a few.

As much as I loved Ennis Sophmore MCW Gbinije and Dion probably eat most my minutes in the backcourt due to the experience factor and defense. And I just can't get over James Southerland on the perimeter with better scoring threats around him. :)

Last edited:
If Kentucky played this hypothetical game, they could easily beat 75% of teams in the NBA.

Depends how you look at it. They would all be freshmen/rookies.
The all rookie team looses to the all 2nd year team every year.

I think we have a good shot to beat kentucky with that lineup. Due to the seniority/2nd year factor, plus we play zone, and would probably easily be the better outside shooting team. They wouldn't even have freshmen wall and cousins.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom