The London game | Syracusefan.com

The London game

SWC75

Bored Historian
I was watching NFL Red Zone's montage of every touchdown scored yesterday afternoon:
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-redzone-videos

What jumped out at me is that the biggest cheers were in London. And the cheers began as soon as it was realized this could be a scoring play. There are obviously a lot of fans there, starved for live action. It amazes me that the NFL always seems to send mediocre or bad teams over there to advertise their game. Why not a Super Bowl rematch in London each year? Now that would create some excitement!

Mediocre or bad?

:mad:

Go Phins

I thought these games were going to be nationally televised in the U.S., but this went head to head with the 1:00 games (10 am for us on the west)

If they want to bring excitement to London games and encourage teams to jump the pond, play them during the 10:00 am slot EST, or move them to Friday night London time, roughly 3:30 EST.

Who's going to watch an NFL game at 3:30 on a Friday afternoon (12:30 Pacific), or at 10 AM Sunday (7 AM Pacific)?

I was watching NFL Red Zone's montage of every touchdown scored yesterday afternoon:
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-redzone-videos

What jumped out at me is that the biggest cheers were in London. And the cheers began as soon as it was realized this could be a scoring play. There are obviously a lot of fans there, starved for live action. It amazes me that the NFL always seems to send mediocre or bad teams over there to advertise their game. Why not a Super Bowl rematch in London each year? Now that would create some excitement!
The cheers for what COULD be a scoring play makes sense. They're used to watching soccer, where the most exciting part is always the build up to a goal. Same sort of thing here.

Who's going to watch an NFL game at 3:30 on a Friday afternoon (12:30 Pacific), or at 10 AM Sunday (7 AM Pacific)?

Plenty of people do it for soccer, and those games are sometimes even earlier.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom