The offense Yesterday | Syracusefan.com

The offense Yesterday

Don

2nd String
Was the real Dino Babers offense. Look at film from when he was at his other schools.

Its no secret to me that in the last two games moe Neil looked like a thousand yard back and averages about 7 yards per carry. Its also no secret that you saw runs after catch yards by Ismael and others. Its also no secret that the runs by the QB were called and under control. Its also no secret that you saw the QB fake into the line and pull back and thrown down field. If hands of Stone Butler Catches a couple of those passes in stride The backup QB would have had a huge day.

This was the Babers offense in Bowling Green. The offense we have seen the last two years in Taylered to the skills of Dungey. For him to be effective he has to have the ball in his hands.

Clearly Babers things Dungey is his best QB so he has modified his offense to make use of Dungeys skills.

I for one think we would run the ball much better without Dungey and would also see more second reads and balls being tossed over the middle. Its pretty Obvious Rex even with his werid throwing motion has a much better arm than Dungey and is a decent runner his self.

so unless threre is a massive change of heart I think Babers clearly sees Dungey as the guy and there will most likely be no change at least as first.

Was the real Dino Babers offense. Look at film from when he was at his other schools.

Its no secret to me that in the last two games moe Neil looked like a thousand yard back and averages about 7 yards per carry. Its also no secret that you saw runs after catch yards by Ismael and others. Its also no secret that the runs by the QB were called and under control. Its also no secret that you saw the QB fake into the line and pull back and thrown down field. If hands of Stone Butler Catches a couple of those passes in stride The backup QB would have had a huge day.

This was the Babers offense in Bowling Green. The offense we have seen the last two years in Taylered to the skills of Dungey. For him to be effective he has to have the ball in his hands.

Clearly Babers things Dungey is his best QB so he has modified his offense to make use of Dungeys skills.

I for one think we would run the ball much better without Dungey and would also see more second reads and balls being tossed over the middle. Its pretty Obvious Rex even with his werid throwing motion has a much better arm than Dungey and is a decent runner his self.

so unless threre is a massive change of heart I think Babers clearly sees Dungey as the guy and there will most likely be no change at least as first.
Dont know enough to have a position on your insight, but if the offense that Dino wants to run was not (and most likely will not be in the future) run by E.D., it would seem that Tommy D. -Dino's hand picked quarterback who now has a year in the system under his belt- may have a better shot at starting than most think.

So the lower scoring offense we saw the last 2 games is what we should expect to see more of in the future?

Good post and yes, ED is the guy until he graduates. I don't care how good TD is in "practice " next year. We have a qb, we just need to build around him.

i also think a lot of running by dungey was put in because the line was so inexperienced so a traditional running game wouldnt work vs most teams

best yards per play of the conference games and not by a small amount

culpepper was pretty good and i feel much better than I did last week about him as a backup

best yards per play of the conference games and not by a small amount

culpepper was pretty good and i feel much better than I did last week about him as a backup

interception was dreadful though

Rex doesn't have a better arm than ED. funny how ED's arm talent gets lost with his running ability. Seriously, break down ED...most are enamored with his running and leaping(mostly not needed) .

Rex doesn't have a better arm than ED. funny how ED's arm talent gets lost with his running ability. Seriously, break down ED...most are enamored with his running and leaping(mostly not needed) .
i am too lazy to do it again but i bet dungey's passing efficiency goes down after he runs. was definitely the case with terrel hunt

you can't run an offense with a pace like this and expect efficient passing with your QB flying around.

let him take 6 easy yards on read options but don't go crazy. baylor's offense was great with florence and petty. rgIII was one in a million

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom