The Offensive Line | Syracusefan.com

The Offensive Line

Crusty

Living Legend
This season is likely to be another disappointment in W-L record and another bowl shutout thanks to a brutal schedule and a young OLine. Hope not, but this time around there is a great deal about which to be encouraged.

The line play so far this year has left much to be desired, but this very young group is getting 90+ plays under their belt each week and gaining experience rapidly. We should also not forget starting LG Aaron Roberts RSJR was lost for the season. He started every game as a RSS last year.

Half (5) of the 2 deep are true or redshirt freshmen. Three are redshirt sophomores. Only 2 are upper classmen. By the end of the season they will all be different players and another year of SC and we will have a different team.

Add to this four star recruits LT Qadir White and C Tyronne Sampson Jr, the highest rated offensive lineman commits in many years, and the depth starts to look like an ACC team.

We have already seen the improvement in skill players with bigger faster receivers and talented QBs. Put them together with a a deep experienced OLINE and we have something to get excited about.

LT Cody Conway JR
LG Sam Heckel RSF
C Airon Servais RSF
RG/RT Evan Adams RSS
RT Jamar McGloster RSS

LT Liam O'Sullivan RSF
LG Patrick Davis FR
C Keyton Darned RSJ
RG Colin Byrne RSS
RT Michael Clark RSF

Austin Chandler FR and Dakota Davis FR have not yet played.
Andrejas Duerig RSS reserve and ST.

Totally agree with this. The staff has done a great job recruiting the oline. They made it a priority and it will pay off big time down the road.

Sampson and possibly White will be starting next year. Sampson for sure.

This season is likely to be another disappointment in W-L record and another bowl shutout thanks to a brutal schedule and a young OLine. Hope not, but this time around there is a great deal about which to be encouraged.

The line play so far this year has left much to be desired, but this very young group is getting 90+ plays under their belt each week and gaining experience rapidly. We should also not forget starting LG Aaron Roberts RSJR was lost for the season. He started every game as a RSS last year.

Half (5) of the 2 deep are true or redshirt freshmen. Three are redshirt sophomores. Only 2 are upper classmen. By the end of the season they will all be different players and another year of SC and we will have a different team.

Add to this four star recruits LT Qadir White and C Tyronne Sampson Jr, the highest rated offensive lineman commits in many years, and the depth starts to look like an ACC team.

We have already seen the improvement in skill players with bigger faster receivers and talented QBs. Put them together with a a deep experienced OLINE and we have something to get excited about.

LT Cody Conway JR
LG Sam Heckel RSF
C Airon Servais RSF
RG/RT Evan Adams RSS
RT Jamar McGloster RSS

LT Liam O'Sullivan RSF
LG Patrick Davis FR
C Keyton Darned RSJ
RG Colin Byrne RSS
RT Michael Clark RSF

Austin Chandler FR and Dakota Davis FR have not yet played.
Andrejas Duerig RSS reserve and ST.

Just feels we’ve had a young, inexperienced OL for about three years.

Just feels we’ve had a young, inexperienced OL for about three years.
Injuries are to blame for that. Losing Omari Palmer hurt a lot last year.

We're not going to get better by plugging more true freshman into the starting lineup; unless theyre all-world which is unlikely.

The depth is looking great and I like the development of the pups. Plus I think we have 4 pretty good kids who've yet to play (Sullivan, Clark and both Davis')

I also think we're looking to bring in 1 or 2 more tackles.

Last edited:
This post says a lot about the state of the program. Imagine thinking 4 star recruits won't be starting! Nobody would have been suggesting such a thing in recent past. (BTW I think you may be correct.)

I agree although its a lot harder for a 4 star offensive lineman to start than it is for just about any other position on the field aside from QB.

I agree although its a lot harder for a 4 star offensive lineman to start than it is for just about any other position on the field aside from QB.
Of course.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sdot

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom