Costume Design: Little Women
Makeup: Bombshell
Sound Editing: Ford v Ferrari
Sound Mixing: Ford v Ferrari
Documentary Short: Learning to Skateboard in a Warzone
Animated Short: Hair Love
Live Action Short: Brotherhood
Not enough for Little Women, in 2020.

if parasite was an american movie it wouldnt even have been noticed or nominated.
well, i saw all the nominees and then some (save joker) and i couldn't disagree more. to each his own

I thought Parasite was a good movie, just not the best picture. Screen play I get though. I thought the story was fun and interesting, I didnt think the acting and filming was all that much.

OK - Who in the damn hell is that interpreter?

These speeches are brutal. What the hell is Joaquin Phoenix talking about?

I am sooooo happy that Parasite won! I said before it was the movie that had me talking, thinking, imagining and speculating for weeks afterwards.

Just watched The Irishman and thought it was great. I think i liked it better than the other Scorcese gangster flicks. It reminded me of "Once Upon a Time in America, which was also very good.

This was the best year in cinema we've had in many years. i usually sit through previews and say to myself, "We'll I'll skip that...that too, etc. But this year each preview for weeks looked fascinating. I'm going to wind up seeing 25 films, about three times more than I normally do. the best were "Motherless Brooklyn", (and I'm stunned that Edward Norton wasn't nominated for anything), Harriet, 1917, Little Women, Just Mercy and the Irishman. I still need to see "Marriage Story" on Netflicks, which i plan to do tomorrow and then, for the first time in memory I will have seen all the best picture nominees.

off the list of nominees I'm looking at, (Entertainment Weekly), I'd go for:

Best Picture: 1917
Best Director: Sam Mendes
Best Actor: Jonathan Pryce, the Two Popes (I would have preferred Norton)
Best Actress: Cynthia Erivo, Harriet
Best Supporting Actor: Al Pacino, The irishman
Best Supporting Actress: Scarlett Johansson, Jojo Rabbit

Well I went 0 for 6, but that's OK. they were all good films and I'm happy for the winners. There were more good films this year than any I can recall. I normally go to 6-8 theatrical films in a year. I wound up seeing 25 this year because so many of them looked interesting and none of them really disappointed me.

the irishmen is just slow and plodding where the sum of the pieces does not equal the finished product.
I just read some spiel about how the ending of The Irishman is so appropriate, because the man responsible for so much evil ended up alone in a nursing home. But, the thing is... he lived longer than anyone else, and basically, everyone ends up alone in a nursing home unless you die a sooner, more tragic death. So, what was the consequence? Having to see all your 'friends' go before you? What's the alternative?

Whatever. It was a pretty film. It was also way too long and not super interesting.

I'm kind of an idiot. I moved to LA to write movies, but of the list of films above, i've only seen The Irishman and Marriage Story, only went to the cinema once in all of 2019, and i never watch the Oscars.

I just read some spiel about how the ending of The Irishman is so appropriate, because the man responsible for so much evil ended up alone in a nursing home. But, the thing is... he lived longer than anyone else, and basically, everyone ends up alone in a nursing home unless you die a sooner, more tragic death. So, what was the consequence? Having to see all your 'friends' go before you? What's the alternative?

Whatever. It was a pretty film. It was also way too long and not super interesting.

I'm kind of an idiot. I moved to LA to write movies, but of the list of films above, i've only seen The Irishman and Marriage Story, only went to the cinema once in all of 2019, and i never watch the Oscars.

Death takes us all for a ride eventually.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom