The Press | Syracusefan.com

The Press

PauliePeppas

Hall of Fame
Jim knows you can press throughout the game right? And before I hear about depth, no shot blocker blah blah blah...im just saying why not surprise teams and sprinkle it in randomly. Pitino learned well from Boeheim and added his press with a zone. Its infuriating we dont do this, instead teams can dictate the tempo all they want and we just sit back and take it. Hopkins better implement this or it will be same ol same ol.

Jim knows you can press throughout the game right? And before I hear about depth, no shot blocker blah blah blah...im just saying why not surprise teams and sprinkle it in randomly. Pitino learned well from Boeheim and added his press with a zone. Its infuriating we dont do this, instead teams can dictate the tempo all they want and we just sit back and take it. Hopkins better implement this or it will be same ol same ol.
Because the press worked so well today. Heck, they threw the ball to an empty spot on the court and still scored.

Press got us back in the game not sure what u were watching
Half court defense, not a full court press got them back. Like I said, they threw the ball to an open spot on the floor and scored.

Half court defense, not a full court press got them back. Like I said, they threw the ball to an open spot on the floor and scored.

Well agree to disagree...we turned em over 3-4 times in a row , got hosed on a bogus trip call , and forced them into a quick shot that they got a lucky put back on bc Roberson was way out of position. And ill take a 7-3 guy flinging the ball 3 quarters of the court to nobody anytime while pressing, unfortunate for us their guy was hust a lil quicker. Refs also missed a travel by Mayes when we were down 3 pressing. You think we come back down 9 with a a 1:20 left sitting in a zone?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom