The Recruiting Problem... | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

The Recruiting Problem...

Who knows?

arizonagirls.jpg

I'm sure he's got his reasons...

university-of-arizona-girls-nicole-dewald-tucson12-1.jpg

I hate when people make this excuse. By that logic, we should suck and only the schools with the dumbest, tannedest, and horniest girls should win games. Maybe we blew it rather than they got blown?

I hate when people make this excuse. By that logic, we should suck and only the schools with the dumbest, tannedest, and horniest girls should win games. Maybe we blew it rather than they got blown?

It is a legit excuse. As much as I love the Syracuse basketball team and being from Syracuse. If a team like UCLA recruited me I would have been on the first plane out there. That weather isn't for everyone.

I really think we need to start making moves for 2018 soon as there are a lot of good wings in the Northeast in that class. Can't keep missing on guys.

I really think we need to start making moves for 2018 soon as there are a lot of good wings in the Northeast in that class. Can't keep missing on guys.

I think that's already happened in earnest as the coaches sense they need to get a jump on the upcoming classes.

It is a legit excuse. As much as I love the Syracuse basketball team and being from Syracuse. If a team like UCLA recruited me I would have been on the first plane out there. That weather isn't for everyone.

I don't think so. These guys are getting laid wherever they go. If cold weather puts them off, how will they play pro ball in Detroit or NYC or Minnesota, etc.? It's easy to talk around the issue. The top consideration for the very best kids should be playing time and exposure. We've got buttloads of it for guards and wings next year and yet we can't get anyone to commit. There's a problem, whether people are willing to admit it or not. We're recruiting kids from our backyard. It's not as if we're in uncharted territory. Still we can't hold on to them. If I were an SU recruiter, I would be hammering away at the whole Trump thing. I don't care if it's true or not but I'd play up the fact that signing with UK or Arizona means playing for a bunch of fans who at least align themselves with the racist right.

I don't think so. These guys are getting laid wherever they go. If cold weather puts them off, how will they play pro ball in Detroit or NYC or Minnesota, etc.? It's easy to talk around the issue. The top consideration for the very best kids should be playing time and exposure. We've got buttloads of it for guards and wings next year and yet we can't get anyone to commit. There's a problem, whether people are willing to admit it or not. We're recruiting kids from our backyard. It's not as if we're in uncharted territory. Still we can't hold on to them. If I were an SU recruiter, I would be hammering away at the whole Trump thing. I don't care if it's true or not but I'd play up the fact that signing with UK or Arizona means playing for a bunch of fans who at least align themselves with the racist right.

All I got here is...WOW!!!
Really have my fingers crossed that there is some sarcasm to this!

But isn't that the key point?! They can't pick the team they get drafted by in the NBA, but they CAN pick where they go to college for 1-2 years. If they want warm weather who are we to tell them they made a poor choice? They're kids, let them go wherever they want to. Top teir talent will get into the NBA whether they goto Kentucky, Syracuse or a D3 school. At the end of the day SU will be just fine and have a solid class.

Have you ever seen any big time NBA free agent decide to go play in Detroit or Minnesota? I haven't.

All I got here is...WOW!!!
Really have my fingers crossed that there is some sarcasm to this!

Yeah, he was doing OK with the first part of that, but then he went off the rails at the end.

Have you ever seen any big time NBA free agent decide to go play in Detroit or Minnesota? I haven't.

Well, they paid $22M a year for Andre Drummond. Whether you count him as "big time" or not, I won't argue, but that's big time money. Our old "friend" Tobias Harris (of the ESPN announcement fame) is also making $17M a year for Detroit. Wes Johnson or Dion would kill for that kind of green.

Well, they paid $22M a year for Andre Drummond. Whether you count him as "big time" or not, I won't argue, but that's big time money. Our old "friend" Tobias Harris (of the ESPN announcement fame) is also making $17M a year for Detroit. Wes Johnson or Dion would kill for that kind of green.

Neither player was a UFA. Tobias was traded there from Orlando and Andre just signed his rookie extension and would've only been a RFA after this coming season.

Back when Detroit was actually good, yes people went there. If Detroit becomes a top teir team again, yes, players will want to go there. Why do FA's go to Cleveland?

Back when Detroit was actually good, yes people went there. If Detroit becomes a top teir team again, yes, players will want to go there. Why do FA's go to Cleveland?

They don't. Please fill me in on the last big free agent that signed with Cleveland from another team that wasn't born in Akron. I'll hang up and listen.

They don't. Please fill me in on the last big free agent that signed with Cleveland from another team that wasn't born in Akron. I'll hang up and listen.

Kevin love? And why is lebron exempt? He left a team that went to 4 straight NBA finals.

Kevin Love was traded there from Minnesota for Wiggins & Bennett. The 2nd part is pretty self explanatory in that he wanted to go back home to try to finish what he couldn't previously.

Gotta admit... getting mighty tired of this Bridesmaid . . . .
Understandable, luckily there are usually 4 or 5 bridesmaids, alright alright alright.

Sure, we can deny that "we have huge issues with this 2017 class" -- because it isn't true.

I think we have a perspective / patience issue amongst our fanbase, more so than an issue with recruiting. The November signing period is days away--chillax and see how things unfold.
We have issues

huh?

Maybe I should've said "had"instead of have for 2017 we went one for 12 maybe

We had an identity crisis
We were great at identifying top talent that is in our wheelhouse!

But we don't identify with the current mindset of top talent. Meaning we don't identify what they want they want...

to go to the F 'n league!

so quit your bs Jim. After Tyus and Chris Mccoulgh and even Jeremy Grant.

His treatment of Chris is 100% why Thomas Bryant did not come here. Even though what he said about Chris was true. These a call just don't want to hear anything but like what John Calipari is saying that he wants him to be here for one year explode and go to the league!

I will say You learn a lot in a weekend when you get assistants on AAU coaches unplugged telling you the truth. Jim opening his mouth about Chris has set as back. Also very concerned as team final was a pipeline thanks to hop where is it now ?

I will say getting Bazley and having Hughes for next year are great five star type recoveries!!

But look at this list...

Jamall Murray,Green, Walker, Bamba, Randolph, Nic Richards, Duval, Tucker,Diallo,Shaq's kid, Walker, all perfect fits !!!

Could have pulled in half of them

Now Reddish

But we don't identify with the current mindset of top talent. Meaning we don't identify what they want they want...

to go to the 'n league!

His treatment of Chris is 100% why Thomas Bryant did not come here. Even though what he said about Chris was true. These a call just don't want to hear anything but like what John Calipari is saying that he wants him to be here for one year explode and go to the league!

I will say You learn a lot in a weekend when you get assistants on AAU coaches unplugged telling you the truth. Jim opening his mouth about Chris has set as back. Also very concerned as team final was a pipeline thanks to hop where is it now ?

I will say getting Bazley and having Hughes for next year are great five star type recoveries!!

But look at this list...

Jamall Murray,Green, Walker, Bamba, Randolph, Nic Richards, Duval, Tucker,Diallo,Shaq's kid, Walker, all perfect fits !!!

Now Reddish
Are you drunk right now?

to go to the 'n league!

But look at this list...

Now Reddish
Why only half? We had things working against us. What JB said about Chris was way way way way down the list.

We just need Carey and/or SOME top lead guard ASAP. If we can't start grabbing those guys then I don't know what's going on. Those top guards will get the keys to the bus from Day 1 with the ability to freelance and do their own thing without a lot of structure, IMO. That has to be attractive. Bazely should bring in some more ballers. Doesn't matter how many forwards we have moving ahead if the PGs and ballhandlers are subpar.

Why only half? We had things working against us. What JB said about Chris was way way way way down the list.
You think what you want I know what I know

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom