The Royal Dunk vs. The Championship Block | Syracusefan.com

The Royal Dunk vs. The Championship Block

Yegorange

Starter
One title run. One playwright. One actor. Two huge plays.

Not to be critical of anyone - especially Mason and his wonderful phone covers idea - but a question of general preference ...

What was the bigger play (and why) - The Royal Dunk or The Championship Block?

Personally, the latter FAR outweighs the former. The Dunk was the epitome of HUMILIATION. The Block - of TRIUMPH. I'm perfectly happy with triumph without humiliation, and don't get the glee of the dunk. Sure, it was a huge play. Sure I got the Big 12 Champs t-shirt. But what the heck did Texas ever do to us? To each - his/hers own, I guess.

Disclaimer: So long as humiliation doesn't involve YouCon or the Hoyas - in which case: F 'em both!

Block by a landslide.
It was such a critical play. Every Cuse fan was thinking, NOOOOOOOO when the shot was about to be taken, only for Superman to come flying in to save the day.
National Champions, baby.
SUball

The dunk was one play in a game we won by 11. The block, (and I think there may have been two of them- he could have gotten a finger on Henrich's shot), closed out a 3 point game that won us our only national championship.

The dunk was one play in a game we won by 11. The block, (and I think there may have been two of them- he could have gotten a finger on Henrich's shot), closed out a 3 point game that won us our only national championship.
And, if I recall correctly, the dunk's points were disallowed because he got called for a charge.

One title run. One playwright. One actor. Two huge plays.

Not to be critical of anyone - especially Mason and his wonderful phone covers idea - but a question of general preference ...

What was the bigger play (and why) - The Royal Dunk or The Championship Block?

Personally, the latter FAR outweighs the former. The Dunk was the epitome of HUMILIATION. The Block - of TRIUMPH. I'm perfectly happy with triumph without humiliation, and don't get the glee of the dunk. Sure, it was a huge play. Sure I got the Big 12 Champs t-shirt. But what the heck did Texas ever do to us? To each - his/hers own, I guess.

Disclaimer: So long as humiliation doesn't involve YouCon or the Hoyas - in which case: F 'em both!

For me, it's easy: The Block prevails over The Dunk in a straight-up comparison of the significance of each play. Both were steps on the path to the championship, but The Block essentially sealed the deal.

But The Dunk was an epic act of dominance. Both arose from incredible displays of athleticism and not giving up on a play--but the frozen image from The Dunk, I think, makes for an unquestionably better phone cover. Especially when you add in Pace's expression.

I confess that my view on this is affected by the fact that I live right here in the pulsating brown heart of Longhorn Country.

BTW, I seem to recall that The Dunk was called as a personal foul, but they counted the points. After all, I don't think Hak's twig & berries settled into Ivey's nostrils until three or four seconds after Hak descended from the jam.

... But The Dunk was an epic act of dominance. ... but the frozen image from The Dunk, I think, makes for an unquestionably better phone cover. Especially when you add in Pace's expression. ... After all, I don't think Hak's twig & berries settled into Ivey's nostrils ...

Well, Josh's expression doesn't really enter the picture - neither mental, nor the phone cover's (for obvious technical difficulties).

On the other hand, as for The Dunk itself, dominance it was. But it was more than that - it was humiliation.

Call me homophobic, if you must, but a frozen image of one grown man's "twig & berries settled into" another grown man's "nostrils' is something I try to avoid at all costs.

Expressing dominance thru humiliation via sexual means is somehow perverse. And that's the frozen image of that dumk. JMHO. ;-)))

Its your lucky day... Because phone cover guy... Is making one of the block.
HOORAY HOORAY! Zippedeedoodah! I will try to follow this development closely. Now I suppose I'll have to get one of those newfangled smart phones, huh? I would definitely buy this!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom