The Ryder Cup | Syracusefan.com

The Ryder Cup

SWC75

Bored Historian
I get tired of Americans losing leads. The Euros are great closers. We get off to good starts but fade down the stretch.

Also, I hate conceded puts. Yes, they'd make 99% of them. But the "clinching" put this time was about a 2 footer that was conceded. How can you concede the clinching put? How can an event end with a guy just picking up his ball?

And in two years somebody better prison shank Poulter in the locker room on practice day.

Can someone please keep Colin Montgomery away from a microphone? What a pedantic gasbag. I finally put the tv on "mute."

I get tired of Americans losing leads. The Euros are great closers. We get off to good starts but fade down the stretch.

I got tired of watching the Euros consistently hit shots stone dead from the rough. The Euros have won 8 of the last 10. Today's American players grow up and develop their skills while learning how to win an 18 hole round. As pros they just grind along week after week waiting to get hot and win a tournament or two. It doesn't seem to help them with match play, alternate shot or other team formats. Or to summon their focus when necessary. But guys like Poulter, Montgomery, Garcia who have never won anything of consequence over here, have somehow been absolute bears in the Ryder Cup. And WhoTF are Jamie Donaldson, Steven Gallacher and Thomas Bjorn? The greens were really much slower than the Americans are used to. The Euros seemed to figure out that you could play less break and pound it into the back of the cup, while the Americans kept coming up short trying to die it into the hole.

Phil's parting shots at Watson were the most exciting part of the weekend for the American team.

Phil's parting shots at Watson were the most exciting part of the weekend for the American team.

I've always admired Watson, but I think he got beaten by McGinley. And I'm trying to figure out if Lefty is right or just whining. He's a little too used to having things his own way and was chapped about being kept out on Saturday, when he should have been sat out Friday in the two ball. However I'm not sure that would have mattered anyway.

I've always admired Watson, but I think he got beaten by McGinley. And I'm trying to figure out if Lefty is right or just whining. He's a little too used to having things his own way and was chapped about being kept out on Saturday, when he should have been sat out Friday in the two ball. However I'm not sure that would have mattered anyway.

The US needs a coach who gets them. I like Watson but he is from a very different generation. I think Zinger was and is the perfect coach for the US.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom