The schedule is never going to be easier | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

The schedule is never going to be easier

Has anybody heard any rumors about future schedules?

7 home games. Manageable OOC games. Bowl game expectations. If we don't go to a bowl this year next year we got only 6 home games and tougher schedule.

Colgate, South Florida, @UConn, ND-N(Metlife)
FSU, NC State, Louisville, Virginia Tech, @ Clemson, @BC, @WF, @Pitt

Good luck finding 6 wins there if we don't get them with this year's schedule.

2017 we got CMU, @LSU 1-AA TBA, and 1 game completely TBA.
2018 UConn and 3 TBA with one likely a 1-AA.

Our FB scheduler in this new AD needs to do a lot of work because of Frazier not locking up future games. This caused us to have to give UConn a bad 1-1 deal.

Alsacs said:
7 home games. Manageable OOC games. Bowl game expectations. If we don't go to a bowl this year next year we got only 6 home games and tougher schedule. Colgate, South Florida, @UConn, ND-N(Metlife) FSU, NC State, Louisville, Virginia Tech, @ Clemson, @BC, @WF, @Pitt Good luck finding 6 wins there if we don't get them with this year's schedule.

Yikes. Man - find some hope?!?!! That doesn't look that tough at all.

I agree, Penn State are nowhere near world beaters, lol. Also agree LSU is winnable. If this offense gets going and we put up 30+ points, LSU's offense won't keep up. They've always struggled with QB play, and our defense has always been good against the run. This game will be more competitive then people think, IMO. LSU reloads with the best of them, but they lose key guys every year to the draft. It's hard to sustain even if you do pull down top 10 recruiting classes every year.
LSU certainly has some issues, which I've pointed out in other threads here, and certainly could go into again. However, LSU brings back significantly more experience this year than in either of the previous two years (lost 3 underclassmen to the draft, compared to about 17 over the previous two years).

But honestly, at the same time, you're talking about averaging 30 points a game next year when you only hit that mark twice last year, and ignoring the fact that you return the lowest percentage of tackles on your defense of any FBS team.

http://www.philsteele.com/Blogs/2015/JUNE15/DBJune10.html

No telling how the game turns out, but this is definitely the silly season for fans across the country. LSU fans included.

6 games in the Dome.
Virginia Tech > Virginia
@ UConn > Central Michigan

Those 2 games could be the difference between 6-6 and 5-7. Our 2016 schedule is tougher than our 2015 schedule.

LSU certainly has some issues, which I've pointed out in other threads here, and certainly could go into again. However, LSU brings back significantly more experience this year than in either of the previous two years (lost 3 underclassmen to the draft, compared to about 17 over the previous two years).

But honestly, at the same time, you're talking about averaging 30 points a game next year when you only hit that mark twice last year, and ignoring the fact that you return the lowest percentage of tackles on your defense of any FBS team.

http://www.philsteele.com/Blogs/2015/JUNE15/DBJune10.html

No telling how the game turns out, but this is definitely the silly season for fans across the country. LSU fans included.
It's definitely silly season. Most of us aren't expecting to win this game.

LSU lost an insane amount of early-entry talent in 2013 and 2014 NFL drafts. 17 NFL draft picks from those 2 years and last year they were young. This year I think the SEC West comes down to LSU v. Auburn.
If we are competitive with LSU I will be happy. I honestly think we have little chance to win that game(nothing wrong with being competitive either)

Alsacs said:
6 games in the Dome. Virginia Tech > Virginia @ UConn > Central Michigan Those 2 games could be the difference between 6-6 and 5-7. Our 2016 schedule is tougher than our 2015 schedule.

Tougher - sure. But not by much. I'm not sure UCONN > CMU...

Depending on what narrative is being driven a year from now, some may be claiming that is a veritable murderer's row.

How can we be expected to make bowl games when we have to play Colgate, South Florida AND UConn?!?! Damn you, Doc Gross!!! Why didn't we schedule Johnson & Wales, ITT Tech and University of Phoenix?!?!?!?!? We need wins!

Alsacs said:
LSU lost an insane amount of early-entry talent in 2013 and 2014 NFL drafts. 17 NFL draft picks from those 2 years and last year they were young. This year I think the SEC West comes down to LSU v. Auburn. If we are competitive with LSU I will be happy. I honestly think we have little chance to win that game(nothing wrong with being competitive either)

I agree. I'm hoping to keep it competitive (ie confidence builder). You never know and I'll be rooting like H for the win. But yeah - got that one penciled in as a loss.

LSU lost an insane amount of early-entry talent in 2013 and 2014 NFL drafts. 17 NFL draft picks from those 2 years and last year they were young. This year I think the SEC West comes down to LSU v. Auburn.
If we are competitive with LSU I will be happy. I honestly think we have little chance to win that game(nothing wrong with being competitive either)

Mississippi State and Ole Miss are better teams than LSU. Also, LSU's QB situation, by Mile's own reckoning, isn't that great. LSU is beatable. But the boys will have to play mistake-free football.

Scooch said:
Depending on what narrative is being driven a year from now, some may be claiming that is a veritable murderer's row. How can we be expected to make bowl games when we have to play Colgate, South Florida AND UConn?!?! Damn you, Doc Gross!!!

Yeah - agreed.

One of my pet peeves around here is how people expect us to stay the same or get worse, while teams like Wake and NC State are all "improving". Says who? We are not the only team that regresses.

Tougher - sure. But not by much. I'm not sure UCONN > CMU...
I am not a UConn fan at all, but it will be a road game in a place we haven't won yet. I think we will win that game, but it isn't like the CMU game this year at home.

Our 2016 schedule is tougher and when we just want bowl games as expectations every win counts.

Last edited:
Yeah - agreed.

One of my pet peeves around here is how people expect us to stay the same or get worse, while teams like Wake and NC State are all "improving". Says who? We are not the only team that regresses.
Yes, indeed, exactly.

Mississippi State and Ole Miss are better teams than LSU. Also, LSU's QB situation, by Mile's own reckoning, isn't that great. LSU is beatable. But the boys will have to play mistake-free football.
I don't trust Ole Miss this year. They lost their QB Bo Wallace and lost key defenders Cody Prewitt and Senquez Golson. Ole Miss D will be elite again, but I don't see them better than LSU.

Miss State is all about Dak Prescott they lost their stud RB Josh Robinson and key defenders Preston Smith and Benardrick McKinney on their D which overachieved but relied on the offense.

My SEC West prediction as of now.
1. Auburn
2. LSU
3. Arkansas
4. Alabama(if they get good QB play bump them up to 2)
5. Texas A&M
6. Ole Miss
7. Miss State

This division is insane. The top 4 are top 15 teams IMO.

Last edited:
I don't trust Ole Miss this year. They lost their QB Bo Wallace and lost key defenders Cody Prewitt and Senquez Golson. Ole Miss D will be elite again, but I don't see them better than LSU.

Miss State is all about Dak Prescott they lost their stud RB Josh Robinson and key defenders Preston Smith and Benardrick McKinney on their D which overachieved but relied on the offense.

My SEC West prediction as of now.
1. Auburn
2. LSU
3. Arkansas
4. Alabama(if they get good QB play bump them up to 2)
5. Texas A&M
6. Ole Miss
7. Miss State

This division is insane. The top 4 are top 15 teams IMO.
Miss state isn't coming in 7th. No way with Dak.

Alsacs said:
LSU lost an insane amount of early-entry talent in 2013 and 2014 NFL drafts. 17 NFL draft picks from those 2 years and last year they were young. This year I think the SEC West comes down to LSU v. Auburn. If we are competitive with LSU I will be happy. I honestly think we have little chance to win that game(nothing wrong with being competitive either)

Ya. This is a loss. I will be happy if we are within 2 TD's. LSU is 1 of maybe 4 or 5 schools that can lose 17 NFL draft picks in 2 years and they won't miss a beat because they just reload. Their offensive and defensive lines alone will punish us. Sure people can hope, but if anybody thinks we have a good chance, they need to get their head examined.

Alsacs said:
I don't trust Ole Miss this year. They lost their QB Bo Wallace and lost key defenders Cody Prewitt and Senquez Golson. Ole Miss D will be elite again, but I don't see them better than LSU. Miss State is all about Dak Prescott they lost their stud RB Josh Robinson and key defenders Preston Smith and Benardrick McKinney on their D which overachieved but relied on the offense. My SEC West prediction as of now. 1. Auburn 2. LSU 3. Arkansas 4. Alabama(if they get good QB play bump them up to 2) 5. Texas A&M 6. Ole Miss 7. Miss State This division is insane. The top 4 are top 15 teams IMO.

That's a solid prediction. Ole Miss could be better then LSU this season, but definitely not Miss St. They basically lost everyone but Dak, and they don't reload like some of the other SEC West schools do. If Ole Miss didn't lose Bo, and Treadwell is healthy I'd have them up there. That insane recruiting class they had in 2013 would be entering their Jr seasons, and 4 of them are bonafide stud all-Americans; Tunsil, Nkemdiche, Connor, Treadwell. If they can find a qb watch out. Right now I'd go

1. Auburn
2. Arkansas
3. LSU
4. Bama
5. Ole Miss
6. Texas A&M
7. miss St

Imagine if you had that schedule? And people wonder why they schedule cream puffs OOC

That's a solid prediction. Ole Miss could be better then LSU this season, but definitely not Miss St. They basically lost everyone but Dak, and they don't reload like some of the other SEC West schools do. If Ole Miss didn't lose Bo, and Treadwell is healthy I'd have them up there. That insane recruiting class they had in 2013 would be entering their Jr seasons, and 4 of them are bonafide stud all-Americans; Tunsil, Nkemdiche, Connor, Treadwell. If they can find a qb watch out. Right now I'd go

1. Auburn
2. Arkansas
3. LSU
4. Bama
5. Ole Miss
6. Texas A&M
7. miss St

Imagine if you had that schedule? And people wonder why they schedule cream puffs OOC
SEC West is legit. The SEC as a whole isn't as deep until Florida and Tennessee come back. The SEC East hasn't been as good as the West since Saban came to Bama. Urban had Florida up, but since he left the West has owned the SEC East.

SEC West has won the last 6 SEC Title games and look poised for 7 in a row.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom