The ship be sinkin'... | Syracusefan.com

The ship be sinkin'...

SUFan44

Hall of Fame
Time for a change. And I mean that with all due respect to Boeheim.

So if we wind up landing Kobi Simmons, for example, who is rated HIGHER than Tyus Battle...the ship is still sinking? Good lord. What a reactionary, knee jerk fanbase we have.

Yes, we've missed out on our last two big recruits. But let's let things play out before we decide that the sky is falling. We still have plenty of opportunity to land extremely good players in the class of 2016.

it's not the coach, it is the NCAA sanctions. Dumping Boeheim won't change the fact that SU is on probation, current & future players will be under the NCAA microscope, and team depth & development is crippled with nearly a quarter of the available scholarships stripped.

Now, if a deal is made that JB will step aside if the penalties are greatly reduced, then that is a different kettle of fish . . .

So if we wind up landing Kobi Simmons, for example, who is rated HIGHER than Tyus Battle...the ship is still sinking? Good lord. What a reactionary, knee jerk fanbase we have.

Yes, we've missed out on our last two big recruits. But let's let things play out before we decide that the sky is falling. We still have plenty of opportunity to land extremely good players in the class of 2016.

This is not a knee-jerk reaction. This is the tipping point.

Sanctions, recruiting losses, transfers who weren't good enough, players leaving early.

I've seen enough over the last two years.

No you know why I lost my marbles on the football side last week.

Ok see ya. Thanks for being a fan while you could, and when it was convenient

Been a fan since I was two years old. Went to school at SU due to this fact.

Just calling it like I see it personally. You can feel that I'm wrong, that's OK.

My personal opinion is it is time for a change.

Dumping the HOF coach who made Syracuse a national power because we missed out on two recruits seems like a measured, proportionate response that is in no way reactionary.

Oh, and did I mention his successor has zero collegiate wins?

I don't know about that. That could be the straw that breaks the camel back. JB has proven he can take teams with less talent to the promise land(final four). Taking a big rest with hoping his replacement can do that no matter who it is.

This has nothing to do with our recent issues but I had a gut feeling that the move to the ACC would rebuild the ACC for the old ACC teams and burry teams from Big East like Syracuse deep into the ACC pack. Not that there were other options. Just saying...

For the love of all that is pure and holy can we wait for all our targets to commit before we are negative. We lost our top target sorry, but the ship is sinking yet.

For the love of all that is pure and holy can we wait for all our targets to commit before we are negative. We lost our top target sorry, but the ship is sinking yet.

This conference is loaded. We need elite guys to keep us at the top. We are 0-2 on our last top guys. People can spin Gilbert all they want, and be happy if he commit's, but we need to be honest with ourselves. Elite guys do not want to come here right now.

This conference is loaded. We need elite guys to keep us at the top. We are 0-2 on our last top guys. People can spin Gilbert all they want, and be happy if he commit's, but we need to be honest with ourselves. Elite guys do not want to come here right now.
If JB can coach then we won't need the elite horses to be a good team. Nobody expects top 10s right now, but we should still be top 25 ish. From 2004-2006 we didn't recruit well and then we had the Flynn-Greee-Scoop-Jackson class. We won't be down for long.

We have a top 10 class coming in next year. If Joseph can improve some and with Silent G and Roberson we should be solid. I wanted Battle too but I think a lot of this is people being spoiled by the 5 years before last season.

Malachi isn't elite, or he doesn't count because he signed?

Malachi isn't elite, or he doesn't count because he signed?

If you have seen him play, you'll know that expectations should be tempered.

He's good, but he's not elite.

SUFan44 said:
This is not a knee-jerk reaction. This is the tipping point. Sanctions, recruiting losses, transfers who weren't good enough, players leaving early. I've seen enough over the last two years.

Oh. Wait. You weren't joking?

SUFan44 said:
Been a fan since I was two years old. Went to school at SU due to this fact. Just calling it like I see it personally. You can feel that I'm wrong, that's OK. My personal opinion is it is time for a change.

For reals?! Does your life not consist of ups and downs; a natural flow? An ebb and flow? Win some, you lose some?

Turns out that "piece of sky" was just a nut.

(Anyone remember taking that bum Warrick after losing out on a top guy!?)

I am totally on board with Moqui. The sanctions are the killer. I do not think even Kentucky could overcome a three scholie loss for three years. The penalties seemed quite excessive relative to the so called crimes that were committed.

To me there are only two choices:

1. Find a way to have the penalties reduced to say a total of 5 scholies over the three years or

2. Accept that we will be relatively mediocre for at least the next three seasons and just deal with that reality.

As for Jimmy, he obviously bears some responsibility for the transgressions that occurred on his watch. You can argue all day long as to whether or not he bears a great deal of responsbility or just just a small amount, but I think it is inarguable to say he does bear at least some responsibility.

In terms of change, to change the coach now with harsh sanctions upcoming, that would be very unfair to the new guy and probabaly detrimental to the continuity of the program. Just let Jimmy ride herd for the next season or two and assuming Mike will, in fact,be the new guy, let him come in & Coach without having to deal with both a legacy succession and the severe penalties that would put him at a major disadvantage out of the gate. Mike has waited too long. When he does get his opportunity he deserves that it be a fair opportunity.

If you have seen him play, you'll know that expectations should be tempered.

He's good, but he's not elite.

I understand that, but why doesn't he count, yet Battle and Bryant are sure things? Not saying you are saying that either, just my observation of this thread.

If JB can coach then we won't need the elite horses to be a good team. Nobody expects top 10s right now, but we should still be top 25 ish. From 2004-2006 we didn't recruit well and then we had the Flynn-Greee-Scoop-Jackson class. We won't be down for long.

I think lot's of people expect the upcoming year to be a transition year. Everyone expects us to contend after that.

In regards to Malachi, he signed and committed before the sanctions. Even Jake said he would start panicking if Battle spurned us.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom