The Slayton & Kayton Show | Syracusefan.com

The Slayton & Kayton Show

RICuse44

Starter
Really impressed with both of these guys. Slayton has cultivated mass. Must be eating all of Long's meals. Kayton also looked impressive. Good push, able to handle blocks to free up the LBs. Given that both are freshman eligibility (I think) wise I feel pretty good about D tackle. Hopefully this lights a fire under Big Wayne. Raymon looks ready to pick up where he left off pre Georgia Tech 2 years ago.

It is funny though how D line always seems to turn out ok. I wonder why that is...

I thought the DL was the most impressive unit.

I thought the DL was the most impressive unit.
That is good to hear. Pressure will help the young DB's. And if they can just occupy the OL, I have no worries about our LB group.

Any guesses on Slayton's current weight??? my guess is 295 lbs

RF2044 said:
Were they good, or was that attributable to the struggles of the OL?

Some of both IMO.

Some of both IMO.

Makes sense. I always take performances in the spring game with a grain of salt specifically for that reason.

Simmons and Thompson on the ends were fantastic as well as these two and Raymon. Very impressed.

Where was Johnson? Thought he would start at DE and not Simmons.

OrangeBlood said:
Simmons and Thompson on the ends were fantastic as well as these two and Raymon. Very impressed. Where was Johnson? Thought he would start at DE and not Simmons.

Yeah - I rewatched and it's hard to tell if the line was beat or the dlind guys are just way ahead and/or dominant. Thompson looks really really good.

Reactions: whj