The Smart Scheduling Bowl | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

The Smart Scheduling Bowl

Basically most here are landing on this for the 4 non-conf spots.

1 FCS
2 Non-P5
1 low/mid-tier P5 with a marquee P5 team once every 3-5 seasons. Seems reasonable?

Off the top of my head i would think low/mid-tier P5 is Iowa St, Kansas, Maryland, Illinois, Arizona, Vandy etc.

I would think Wisconsin, LSU etc is obviously marquee games.

I thought about that too...you would almost always assure a bowl slot. However, I wouldn't think that would be a good PR move.

I have as well, with 80 available slots there will likely be 5 win availability every year so it jumps you to the head of the line. But, yeah, very bad PR.

I have as well, with 80 available slots there will likely be 5 win availability every year so it jumps you to the head of the line. But, yeah, very bad PR.

Are we sure? BC and NC State both did it recently and while there were some stories about it, the lasting power is actually kind of short.

Are we sure? BC and NC State both did it recently and while there were some stories about it, the lasting power is actually kind of short.

Maybe not bad PR? Just pathetic? Then again...

Maybe not bad PR? Just pathetic? Then again...

Eh. Point is most think we already are pathetic. I'm not *really* advocating for it. But there is a bit more anonymity in winning 2 FCS games vs getting our arses kicked on national TV.

UNC played two FCS schools last year too. Went to a major bowl.

Not saying... just saying

Eh. Point is most think we already are pathetic. I'm not *really* advocating for it. But there is a bit more anonymity in winning 2 FCS games vs getting our arses kicked on national TV.

Yeah, I am with you, Cusian, I am not advocating for it so to speak either, but if we do it, I won't be on here complaining about it.

Only 1 FCS win counts towards a bowl , correct ?

Only 1 FCS win counts towards a bowl , correct ?

Yeah, but if they are green lighting a bunch of 5 win teams anyways, I don't think it matters. You get bumped ahead of the other 5 win teams I think.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom