The Snake has left the building | Syracusefan.com

The Snake has left the building

The Snake to the Ghost. He was awesome. That Raiders team in the 70's was spectacularly entertaining - on and off the field. RIP.
Used to love watching those teams play. RIP Kenny

the snake- man what a qb -on some of the greatest teams ever-

the raiders were my afc team since forever-

rip mr snake and have a cold one on me

the snake- man what a qb -on some of the greatest teams ever-

the raiders were my afc team since forever-

rip mr snake and have a cold one on me
Who wouldn't have wanted to spend a few days with him on the Gulf Shores?

Last edited:
Hated the Raiders but loved watching Stabler. One of the best on the two minute drill, and he partyed

I was a Dolphins fan because of Csonka, but loved watching Stabler.

Feeling old.

always liked the Raiders...him and Madden were why.

that Raider-Viking SuperBowl almost made me a Raider fan.

gun to my head, pick a 2nd NFL team??...still them.

Casper, his tight end for eight seasons, with the Raiders and the Oilers, reflected on Stabler’s persona as his career came to an end.

“He set coaching back 50 years,” Casper was quoted as saying by Paul Zimmerman in “The New Thinking Man’s Guide to Pro Football” (1984).

“He knows everything there is to know on a football field, but when they give him his game plan on Wednesday he probably takes it and throws it in the wastebasket. No one ever suspected how little he knew about the game plan on a particular week.

“I don’t think he ever cared about losing. Winning is fine. Losing? So what? He’d rather win the gamble and force a pass in there. He’d rather do it the hard way.”

One cool customer.

As accurate a passer as I ever saw play.

Have to admit I got choked up when I saw he passed yesterday. Everybody remembers their first sports hero and he was mine. A few years back( like 25) I was working for the Marriott here and somebody told me " Ken Stabler's at the front desk." I got weak kneed. I don't get star struck and bother people for autographs simply because I'm not comfortable with it. But I had to say hello to this one. While I was waiting for him to finish checking in I had a this terrible thought of him being dismissive and jerky like a lot of public figures can be. When he turned, I told him he my first sports hero and the reason I fell in love with sports. Nervous as hell ,I waited for a response and I got one. He extended his hand,thanked me and seemed genuinely humbled by my comment. He took a few minutes to talk to me about hir reason for being in town and then I left him alone. He was awesome and I was beaming the rest of the night.
I have no clue why he isn't in the HOF. i heard on Mike and Mike yesterday that he is the only QB that won a SB in the 70's that isn't in. Bradshaw,Staubach, Griese,Unitas( though Morrall was the starting QB for the colts then). Ken Stabler was the best QB of the 70's. If it wasn't for the Steel Curtain he might have 4 rings himself.
Sorry for the long winded ness. RIP KENNY STABLER.

Have to admit I got choked up when I saw he passed yesterday. Everybody remembers their first sports hero and he was mine. A few years back( like 25) I was working for the Marriott here and somebody told me " Ken Stabler's at the front desk." I got weak kneed. I don't get star struck and bother people for autographs simply because I'm not comfortable with it. But I had to say hello to this one. While I was waiting for him to finish checking in I had a this terrible thought of him being dismissive and jerky like a lot of public figures can be. When he turned, I told him he my first sports hero and the reason I fell in love with sports. Nervous as hell ,I waited for a response and I got one. He extended his hand,thanked me and seemed genuinely humbled by my comment. He took a few minutes to talk to me about hir reason for being in town and then I left him alone. He was awesome and I was beaming the rest of the night.
I have no clue why he isn't in the HOF. i heard on Mike and Mike yesterday that he is the only QB that won a SB in the 70's that isn't in. Bradshaw,Staubach, Griese,Unitas( though Morrall was the starting QB for the colts then). Ken Stabler was the best QB of the 70's. If it wasn't for the Steel Curtain he might have 4 rings himself.
Sorry for the long winded ness. RIP KENNY STABLER.
Looked for a thread on him and didn't see it. Thanks for combining.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom