the special teams today | Syracusefan.com

the special teams today

Its terrible except for the Estime return which wouldnt have happened if NDs special teams didnt mess up and assume a fair catch

Something is obviously wrong with Murphy. I'm thinking just kick the ball out of bounds for KO's. It's only a 10 yard penalty. Just deal with it. Better than a TD or a return well past the 35.

It's wierd. What is normally decent (defense and special teams) is terrible this year, and what is normally bad (offense) is really good this year. Guess we can't have it both ways.

It's wierd. What is normally decent (defense and special teams) is terrible this year, and what is normally bad (offense) is really good this year. Guess we can't have it both ways.

Its not just us. That college football in 2016. The teams that have the entire package are top 10, everyone else has holes somewhere.

Like all parts of this team we can not play good 4 quarters yet. Special teams have been some great plays, but man they started off terrible.

This is 2 games in a row that the kicking, kickoff and punting units have really struggled. And it's in all facts of those units.

The only special units that have done much are the kick return and in this game in particular, the punt return units.

Some confusing punts.

A couple of them I'd call questionable. Undino.

Estime needs to return all punts going forward. He's a machine. Good hands, good vision, good speed, breaks tackles.

I assume Dino will no longer worry about tiring him out. Not like he's much of a target on O, and not like we have a lot of punts to return.

Definitely worrisome. No aspect besides Estime is doing anything well, really. Hopefully they can work out the kinks this year.

I have faith in the offense, and defense developing, but no clue on special teams. Such a huge factor if you want to win, and work towards winning 10+ games someday. Only time will tell.

Just when I thought I was done with bad special teams, Michigans sts might actually be worse, they have missed three easy fgs, ugh.

Something is obviously wrong with Murphy. I'm thinking just kick the ball out of bounds for KO's. It's only a 10 yard penalty. Just deal with it. Better than a TD or a return well past the 35.
I've seen him hop around after extra points and field goals as if he's injured. That might be why he hasn't been kickimg it into the end zone the last couple of weeks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom