Young Frankenstien
Blazing saddles.

Death Wish.. really wanted to see the Bruce Willis version.. but gone already

Benji

The Towering Inferno.. really good

Texas Chainsaw Massacre.. umm

Man with the golden gun

Thunderbolt and Lightfoot

The Longest yard.. really this didnt make your list?

Mr Majestyk
The Odessa file

Harry and Tonto

McQ

Ten Little Indians

The Trial of Billy Jack

The Life and Times of Grizzly Adams. come on a cuddly bear movie

Godfather 2
Young Frankenstien
Blazing saddles.

Death Wish.. really wanted to see the Bruce Willis version.. but gone already

Benji

The Towering Inferno.. really good

Texas Chainsaw Massacre.. umm

Man with the golden gun

Thunderbolt and Lightfoot

The Longest yard.. really this didnt make your list?

Mr Majestyk
The Odessa file

Harry and Tonto

McQ

Ten Little Indians

The Trial of Billy Jack

The Life and Times of Grizzly Adams. come on a cuddly bear movie

There's a lot of movies I haven't seen that are very popular and 'The Longest Yard" is one of them. In fact, there will be more of them from here on in. I got to 8-10 movies a year and miss a lot of them that I hear good things about. I'm mostly an old, (pre-70's) movie fan and tend to go to the more serious stuff late in the year more than the summer type movies. Even with that I've generally seen no more than half the nominated movies at Oscar time. I'll rely on those who respond to these posts to fill in the gaps.

Last edited:
Both Gatsby movies I've seen have missed the mark. The 1974 movie hits a better tone, I think, than the newer one. But Mia Farrow is an unwatchable Daisy Buchanan. Sam Waterston and Redford are terrific. And Lois Chiles is a good Jordan Baker. Or maybe she's just a total babe, I don't know, but I'm a fan. The whole film is over the top, though. And not in the roaring '20s sense, just in an unpleasant, maudlin way.

Godfather Part II is the right choice for movie of the year, since it would have been the movie of almost every year other than 1972. And you could almost say the same about both Chinatown and The Conversation, both fantastic films. This is a really good year.

Hearts and Minds was the first in a long line of Vietnam docs, and very well done.

Blazing Saddles is Mel at the top of his game (wow, looking at Wiki, that did the best gross of the year); Young Frankenstein is no slouch, either. The Towering Inferno is another installment in a pretty fun genre.

Pelham One Two Three is the "New York's a gritty dump" film of this year; great cast and an engaging story. Surprised no one's mentioned it. If you want to see Frank Costanza and Walter Matthau trading slurs, this is the film for you!

Speaking of Matthau, he's got a good role in the Billy Wilder remake of The Front Page, alongside his pal Jack Lemmon. It's not classic Wilder, but it's not bad either.

But all eyes have to be on the Corleones this year. What a journey.

Both Gatsby movies I've seen have missed the mark. The 1974 movie hits a better tone, I think, than the newer one. But Mia Farrow is an unwatchable Daisy Buchanan. Sam Waterston and Redford are terrific. And Lois Chiles is a good Jordan Baker. Or maybe she's just a total babe, I don't know, but I'm a fan. The whole film is over the top, though. And not in the roaring '20s sense, just in an unpleasant, maudlin way.

Godfather Part II is the right choice for movie of the year, since it would have been the movie of almost every year other than 1972. And you could almost say the same about both Chinatown and The Conversation, both fantastic films. This is a really good year.

Hearts and Minds was the first in a long line of Vietnam docs, and very well done.

Blazing Saddles is Mel at the top of his game (wow, looking at Wiki, that did the best gross of the year); Young Frankenstein is no slouch, either. The Towering Inferno is another installment in a pretty fun genre.

Pelham One Two Three is the "New York's a gritty dump" film of this year; great cast and an engaging story. Surprised no one's mentioned it. If you want to see Frank Costanza and Walter Matthau trading slurs, this is the film for you!

Speaking of Matthau, he's got a good role in the Billy Wilder remake of The Front Page, alongside his pal Jack Lemmon. It's not classic Wilder, but it's not bad either.

But all eyes have to be on the Corleones this year. What a journey.

I saw the remake of Pelham One Two Three with Travolta and Denzel and thought it was solid, but not a classic. The original was on quite a bit when the remake came out but I never caught it. It's on my list to see.

I saw the remake of Pelham One Two Three with Travolta and Denzel and thought it was solid, but not a classic. The original was on quite a bit when the remake came out but I never caught it. It's on my list to see.

Yeah, seek it out, I think you'll like it. Great cast, much better pace than the remake.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom