The "T" | Syracusefan.com

The "T"

SBU72

All Conference
Just what did Richardson do to deserve the technical? The ND kid not only held him but gave him a pretty hard shove with his forearm. The one ref immediately called a "T" on him then as the two refs stepped in-between the players the 2nd ref called a T on Malachi. It did not appear that Mal did anything physical during the entire sequence. Then SU ended up with the ball even though if I remember correctly ND had possession after the scuffle for the rebound.

On the 2nd ND "T", I can't believe the kid actually objected to it being called. Did he really think he could grab a player around the waist and throw him to the side"

Just what did Richardson do to deserve the technical? The ND kid not only held him but gave him a pretty hard shove with his forearm. The one ref immediately called a "T" on him then as the two refs stepped in-between the players the 2nd ref called a T on Malachi. It did not appear that Mal did anything physical during the entire sequence. Then SU ended up with the ball even though if I remember correctly ND had possession after the scuffle for the rebound.

On the 2nd ND "T", I can't believe the kid actually objected to it being called. Did he really think he could grab a player around the waist and throw him to the side"

In real time, the flagrant looked, if not cheap, inconsistent. Half the time that's called a held ball, despite the contact. I'll take it, but it was a weird one.

T seemed like a total coin flip on the part of the ref. Kid whose team is down 20 points shoves an opponent, let's not let this get further out of hand, penalize both of them.

They counted the made basket (before the T) and awarded us possession based on the arrow.

double T goes to the jump ball rule. i thought the T was SU then they added it to the ND kid

He had a honey badger move on the base line putting his hair in attack position over some trash talk. Slightly deserved but highly entertaining to watch!

SBU72 said:
Just what did Richardson do to deserve the technical? The ND kid not only held him but gave him a pretty hard shove with his forearm. The one ref immediately called a "T" on him then as the two refs stepped in-between the players the 2nd ref called a T on Malachi. It did not appear that Mal did anything physical during the entire sequence. Then SU ended up with the ball even though if I remember correctly ND had possession after the scuffle for the rebound. On the 2nd ND "T", I can't believe the kid actually objected to it being called. Did he really think he could grab a player around the waist and throw him to the side"

Mal got the T for things he said, not did. Double T goes to possession arrow.

Saw you in the good seats - could you hear the exchange?

Is that true? I thought we got the ball because ND got a layup simultaneously with the double t's, basically. I thought double t reverted to whoever had the ball.

8:33 Zach Auguste missed Layup. 44-67
8:33 Zach Auguste Offensive Rebound. 44-67
8:33 Zach Auguste made Layup. 46-67
8:33 46-67 Technical Foul on Malachi Richardson.
8:33 46-67 Foul on Malachi Richardson.
8:33 Technical Foul on Matt Ryan. 46-67

OttoMets said:
Saw you in the good seats - could you hear the exchange?

Heard him woofing but could not make out the exact words.

Knicks411 said:
Is that true? I thought we got the ball because ND got a layup simultaneously with the double t's, basically. I thought double t reverted to whoever had the ball. 8:33 Zach Auguste missed Layup. 44-67 8:33 Zach Auguste Offensive Rebound. 44-67 8:33 Zach Auguste made Layup. 46-67 8:33 46-67 Technical Foul on Malachi Richardson. 8:33 46-67 Foul on Malachi Richardson. 8:33 Technical Foul on Matt Ryan. 46-67

I thought it was true. Maybe not in that case then.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom