The Upside - North Carolina | Syracusefan.com

The Upside - North Carolina

SWC75

Bored Historian
- It was a valiant effort. Of course in our situation a valiant effort has about the value of Confederate money. But it’s still worthy of respect. This game reminded me a little of the game that clinched by Syracuse basketball fandom. It was 12/29 66. Our first post Bing team, sort of a trial run for Roy’s Runts, was playing #2 tanked Louisville in the Quaker City Classic. They had mighty Wes Unseld in the center and another All-America Butch beard as well. Beyond that, basically every player on their roster. We seemed to have no business being on the court with them but kept rallying from double digit deficit after double digit deficit, 9I think ii was -20 at one time). We just wouldn’t quit and the final score was 71-75. I cried myself to sleep that night and that’s when you know you’re a fan.

- I feared a blow-out loss here. It was decisive but it was the St. John’s game, (which we lost by 33), and it wasn’t their NC State game, (which they won by 51). This was performance that probably would have beaten many of the teams we will be playing – and if we can beat 6 of them we’ll continue the winning season streak. And we did it on the road. In four out of the last games we’ve played well, so hopefully we can continue doing it.

- Tyler Lydon had a terrific, NBA caliber game, hitting 11 for 14 against the big Tar Heels and scoring 26 points. Jimmy Satalin called him the best player on the court, (although Mr. Meeks is pretty good, too.)

- Tyus Battle is becoming a more consistent contributor. He had 13 points, 3 rebounds and 4 steals. He’s a big reason why we are playing better – and why we could get better still.

- Andrew White had an up and down game, (he was 0 for 4 inside the arc) but he hit 5 three pointers to at least make things interesting.

- Tyler Roberson didn’t have huge numbers – 6 points, 8 rebounds. But he did increase the energy level, especially around the boards at a time when we needed it.

- The refs stayed out of it, for the most part with 13 fouls on each team. That was key for us with our limited depth. White, (the last guy you’d expect) got 4 fouls but nobody else had more than 2.

- We stayed in contact with their shooters, holding them to 29% from three point range while we shot 42%.

11-8 (3-3) with 12+ to go!

LET’S GO ORANGE!

God bless you. Always count on you to make the lemonade.

4a799ae1-0584-4753-9459-ffd138149f3d_1.a0e951acf9245a2b6d9f28318d9eb62a.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom