The Upside- Wake Forest | Syracusefan.com

The Upside- Wake Forest

SWC75

Bored Historian
- It’s nice to have a back-up quarterback who can pass for 384 yards and 3 touchdowns and run for 43 more. Zach Mahoney may be the best career back-up we have ever had.

- That first half was a vision of what our offense might be in a couple years. Eric Dungey is a great leader and an athletic runner. He throws a catchable ball with average arm-strength. He’s not great at reading the field. Zach mostly stayed in the pocket. He seemed to have a better grasp of what everyone was doing and used all his receivers, (7 different guys had at least 2 catches). He ran the offense very efficiently and picked the defense part, only running the ball when the passes were not open. He clearly has a stronger arm than Dungey and looked pretty accurate but lacked touch and didn’t lead his man a couple of times. From what I’ve heard of DeVito, he has those strengths without the deficits. He should make this offense sing when he gets his turn.

- I didn’t know Dontae Strickland had the speed to break the big one but he looked plenty fast on that first score. Moe Neal had some good runs, too.

- Steve Ismael keeps piling on the numbers, with 14 catches for 145 yards and 1 score. He now has 92 catches for 1,131 yards and 6TDs with two games to go. Erv Phillips has 79 for 826 yards and 3 scores.

- We got Ravian Pierce back involved with the offense, with 4 catches for 52 yards and 2 scores.

- Zaire Franklin set a record for tackles with 16. He didn’t seem very happy about it.

-
quote-it-ain-t-over-till-it-s-over-yogi-berra-210662.jpg

4-6 with 2+ to go

LET’S GO ORANGE!!!

Donate also limped off to the locker room after that score and was not the same for the rest of the game. But I did love that run he had.

And Mahoney had a great first half but lost his confidence in the third quarter. And then the team lost confidence in him. There are years when we would give anything to have Zach as our starter, it is just not his time.

One more upside: Our team is disgusted with itself this week. They are going to be mad next week.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom