The variable to all the SU win predictions | Syracusefan.com

The variable to all the SU win predictions

upperdeck

Living Legend
most of the predictions are based on how SU might be, after playing so poorly and being so beat up last year. few looked at how the other teams will be and what they might be when we play them. almost all people have SU starting 4 or 5 and 1.. but all the games are not played in a vacuum and other results could help SU

week 1 - rhode island - must win
week 2 - Wake - coming off ELon an extra day but also must travel - must win
week 3 - Cent Mich - most likely 1-1 traveling here - must win
Week 4 - LSU - many have them picked as sleeper final 4. they could be 3-0 , the also could lose at Miss St and Auburn then have to travel here a 1-2 LSU team might be down at 3-0 we might be sky high. a 3-0 LSU team might also play into a trap game.

bye

Week 6 - USF. SU comes off a bye for first road game. USF will loses to FSU and probably at maryland, but memphis was pretty good last year. they will be 1-3 if they dont pick it up .

A solid SU team gets to 4-1

week 7 Virginia - probably loses at UCLA, then ND, probably also Virg and then at Pitt.. at best 2-3, but decent shot at 1-4 when SU rolls in. if we are 4-1 then 5-1 is better than 50/50.

Week 8 Pitt if the schedule holds. 2 easy wins, then road to Iowa, lose to VT, beat Virg then go to GT get beat up and then travel back to SU for 3rd road game in 4 weeks. 5-1 SU against 4-2 or 3-3 Pitt. We will have a good idea on pitt since they play virg the week before us. GT could really help SU here. not a great stretch to win this game and get to 6.

Week 9 FSU the first of our expected beat downs, traveling to FSU. FSU could be 7-0. They also struggle at BC have a Miami game, a big UL game and then go to GT. GT could help us again. they are many people's sleeper in the ACC. if FSU loses to Miami, UL could sneak up then GT does the game and 7-0 becomes 4-3? again 6-1 or 5-2 SU could be playing a team thats really down or also a team looking ahead to clemson thinking the ACC title on the line.

Week 10 Louisville. loses to Auburn, probably clemson, NC ST are they good as people think? FSU should beat them then they play BC and wake. i say 5-3 and perhaps 5-3 SU.. toss up game

Week 11 Clemson - games vs ND, GT, Miami, FSU, Lou, BC, NC st. great clemson is 9-0. good clemson is 7-2 Dinged up without Watson clemson is 4-5. is SU 5-4 and sliding or 6-3 and looking for the upset?

Week 12 nc st- VT Clemson, play FSU before us in the road, then SU then rival NC. I think they start 4-0 are not as good as people think lose to Lou and VT and clemson and FSU. leaving BC as the variable between 6-4 and 5-5 when we roll in. SU 5-5 or 6-4 or 7-3 we could be favored if one game goes our way

Week 13 BC. lose to FSU and clemson and VT and one more that leaves ND the week before us. do they lose at duke or at Lou too? i think they are 5-6 when they come into the Dome. at best 7-4. again major Toss up

all the toss up games are against teams that could really be struggling when we get there i think 5 is the min but 8-9 is the max without really upsetting anyone and crazy stuff happening.

Week 8 Pitt if the schedule holds. 2 easy wins, then road to Iowa, lose to VT, beat Virg then go to GT get beat up and then travel back to SU for 3rd road game in 4 weeks. 5-1 SU against 4-2 or 3-3 Pitt. We will have a good idea on pitt since they play virg the week before us. GT could really help SU here. not a great stretch to win this game and get to 6.
Catching Pitt the week after GT is huge. If Hunt is still starting at QB at this point (healthy), then I'm taking Cuse, no matter the Vegas line.

Catching Pitt the week after GT is huge. If Hunt is still starting at QB at this point (healthy), then I'm taking Cuse, no matter the Vegas line.

Hopefully. The GT throttling last year started off a 3 game losing streak for Pitt, where GT, Duke, UNC just abused their defense. But lucky for them, SU and it's 1 good touchdown drive per game machine was next, got them back on track.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom