The Walking Dead | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

The Walking Dead

you cant defend the town with 5-6 people. woodbury had 30-40 and couldnt stop the clan from getting in. the prison can be defended with a few people if you lock it up.

I dont think there is any plan to stay at the prison much beyond the beginning of next year. if they do then its a story of just staying alive and not about finding a solution.. like robinson crusoe was as much about getting off the island as it was about surviving on the island.

everything i have read the group will start to move next year, they have to run out of supplies at some point and there has to be some goal to look forward too.

you cant defend the town with 5-6 people. woodbury had 30-40 and couldnt stop the clan from getting in. the prison can be defended with a few people if you lock it up.

I dont think there is any plan to stay at the prison much beyond the beginning of next year. if they do then its a story of just staying alive and not about finding a solution.. like robinson crusoe was as much about getting off the island as it was about surviving on the island.

everything i have read the group will start to move next year, they have to run out of supplies at some point and there has to be some goal to look forward too.
Completely agree with this assessment. I think this is the direction the show is moving towards. The reason I belief that it isn't about the money is because Kirkman has full creative control of the show and he will determine the direction the show is taken in. Of course money will always be an issue. No one forgets how AMC screwed Breaking Bad, but The Walking Dead has a lot of cash inflow due to it being the most popular television show with the preferred demographics that Advertisers love.

The whole "cash inflow" for Walking Dead is not true, though. AMC has cut the budget before and it has been stated before that they prefer at least 50% indoor locations for budgetary reasons. It's also believed that the "cash inflow" is being directed toward Mad Men as much as anything else.

http://www.deathandtaxesmag.com/195...cs-fiscal-austerity-how-to-kill-a-good-thing/
ing Mad Men :bat: I don't know why they are so obsessed with Mad Men. Yes it is a critical darling and wins awards, but that is where the cuts should be coming. AMC isn't a smart network.

I actually read the comic books after the first season of the show. I think its good to compare an original work to the adaption. This isn't to criticize the show, because there are many great elements of the show that are not in the comic. The barn scene for example was far more dramatic in the television show. I also believe many of the storylines are done amazingly well. I really love the character development of Carl Daryl, Carol, Merle, and the Governor (as I mentioned previously). Additionally characters who aren't in the comics are just as amazing as characters who aren't.

I think many of the issues come down to believability as well as the development of characters who are killed off. Examples of this include Andrea not really trying to escape until its far too late, the governor's latest victims only running instead of shooting back (as well as his ability to kill a swarm of human beings with a single 30 round clip [one handed btw], and also Rick's visions of his wife. Finally, we seem to only see character development in characters who will die the same episode such as Axel and T-Dog.

All of this in addition to the fact that the showrunner was consistently lacking material for the actors to work with on shooting days is probably the reason Glen Mazzara got the axe (and he wrote the last episode too...). To say that episode was anti-climactic and underwhelming is an understatement. I really look forward to next season with Scott Gimple at the helm. He has written some amazing episodes.

What's the story behind Mazzara? You told me more about his exit in one sentence than I had heard or read anywhere else. They seemed to keep that one under tight wraps. When Darabont got axed, everyone knew why, even though he was gagged. He was pissed that they decided to cut the budget after such a ratings coup. He knew they had struck gold and wasn't about to watch the network mucks (and Mad Men douches) mess with a good thing. DeMunn was written out for standing firm with Darabont.

Was Mazzara just in over his head?

What's the story behind Mazzara? You told me more about his exit in one sentence than I had heard or read anywhere else. They seemed to keep that one under tight wraps. When Darabont got axed, everyone knew why, even though he was gagged. He was pissed that they decided to cut the budget after such a ratings coup. He knew they had struck gold and wasn't about to watch the network mucks (and Mad Men douches) mess with a good thing. DeMunn was written out for standing firm with Darabont.

Was Mazzara just in over his head?
I think so. Everything I have written I have gleaned from various news stories or reddit.con/r/thewalkingdead. I have also heard that he was considering taking the show in a direction that wasn't favored by Kirkman. I don't know what that direction is.

The final episode redeemed itself for me when Andrea died. Terrible character and actress who needed to go last season. Took them too long to do it but thank god they did.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

When the audience first interacts with the governor in the series, he is only starting to begin his progression into a mentally disturbed individual.
that would be a possible argument if only we hadn't seen his aquaria full of undead zombie heads and his zombie daughter who he fed, dressed and groomed lovingly.

Or due to the natural progression of the show. .
that was the natural progression of the comic book, and you should know by now that the natural progression of one does not predict the natural progression of the other. . . and given the budgetary constraints that AMC has placed on the production, I wouldn't necessarily count on this one following form.

zombie babys. when we gonna see some? there was an episode where they where in a nursery looking around for supplies. i really wanted to see some zombabies come crawling and growling after them.

I keep trying to like this show. I'll go a few weeks, browse for something to watch on netflix, then give another episode a shot. Think I've made it like 8 episodes deep and still cannot understand the appeal. 'Another unrealistic zombie-apocalypse theme, just slightly more realistic'. There has to be a 'zombie-fan' chromosome somewhere in human DNA that is either activated or not.

Also don't find any of the characters likable or any that I could relate to, which seems to be a requisite for me because I made it all the way to halfway into season 2 of Breaking Bad and still wasn't hooked because I loathe his family that the whole show is about 'saving', and can't see myself acting like anyone behaves in that show.

I loathe his family that the whole show is about 'saving', and can't see myself acting like anyone behaves in that show.

The wife is one of least likable characters on TV.

Several threads on this over the 11 seasons and now this chapter finally ends

I jumped in late as my HS kid and friends were watching and he wanted me to watch and discuss it and then off to college he went.. Now he stopped watching it and I finished it.. We had some great talks as he off in his journey about the show.

Quite the ride. Some great stories, some floundering at times but still enjoyable in the end

Knowing the spinoff stuff that got leaked i think they ended it quite well for the set of chars who lived in the final group.

It was pretty emotional and they worked pretty hard to make it a show about everyone from the first to the last in the ending.

Never would have thought they would have gotten 11 yrs out of this material

as they said lots of stories still to be told.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom