The Yankees are no longer The Yankess other than in name only | Syracusefan.com

The Yankees are no longer The Yankess other than in name only

CaliCuse

All American
The glamor and NY glitz has disappeared thanks to Cashman.George would have run him out of town long ago but Hal has the fortitude of fortified milk.We have a third baseman that should be in AA ball a geezer lefty in the bullpen making millions. Pineda who should be the big man on the mound is blowing his career and season for the team.Severino has taken a step back inexplicably.

Just saying young isn't enough. Something else is going on in his approach and stuff. Larry Rothschild should have found this by now.

How is this Cashman's fault? He didn't sign Arod to that contract, he didn't expect CC to implode. He has to wait the next year or 2 for the large contracts to come off the books. It's a rebuilding year without saying as much, everyone knows that

How is this Cashman's fault? He didn't sign Arod to that contract, he didn't expect CC to implode. He has to wait the next year or 2 for the large contracts to come off the books. It's a rebuilding year without saying as much, everyone knows that

Where are the good young players in the Yankees System?

Where are the good young players in the Yankees System?

AAA getting seasoning. They are in a logjam waiting for Beltran, Tex, Arod's contracts to expire. Good pitching at single A Tampa too

AAA getting seasoning. They are in a logjam waiting for Beltran, Tex, Arod's contracts to expire. Good pitching at single A Tampa too

You have to build your team through your farm system, outside of Betances, what player have the Yankees developed from the farm system that is any good? If they were good enough they would have been up in the big leagues by now.

Shawn91111 said:

I wasn't that impressed with Scrantons talent.

Wasn't Cashman in charge when ARod was signed? Even if he wasn't I don't know how he keeps his job. He has been a disaster for many years now. $200 million in payroll just about every year and he has one WS appearance in the last 12 years to show for it.

I wasn't that impressed with Scrantons talent.

Gamel is hitting .305 but he didn't play last Sunday.

Refsnyder and Sanchez are huge disappointments so far.

He was the GM when they signed A-Rod to that deal in 2007. To the Cashman supporters all the bad moves are the Steinbrenner's fault.

He was the GM when they signed A-Rod to that deal in 2007. To the Cashman supporters all the bad moves are the Steinbrenner's fault.
That was Steinbrenners deal through and through. cash was a pass. Everyone knows that

You do know that Hank Steinbrenner overruled Cashman to sign Arod to his contract right? You do know that Hal overruled Cashman on the Soriano deal (although that worked out). Has Cashman missed , of course, but don't think he doesn't get overruled on deals either.

You have to build your team through your farm system, outside of Betances, what player have the Yankees developed from the farm system that is any good? If they were good enough they would have been up in the big leagues by now.

I don't disagree the farm during the Damon Oppenheimer years did not work out during the last 8-10 years beyond Gardner, Cano, Wang. As for the others, you can't throw a $25 million player on the bench in order to get a player they want to keep under team control for as long as possible up to the big leagues unless injuries happen. Which is why Greg Bird, Heathcott, Williams were up last year. But there are good, exciting young players, their farm system now is middle of the pack

I don't disagree the farm during the Damon Oppenheimer years did not work out during the last 8-10 years beyond Gardner, Cano, Wang. As for the others, you can't throw a $25 million player on the bench in order to get a player they want to keep under team control for as long as possible up to the big leagues unless injuries happen. Which is why Greg Bird, Heathcott, Williams were up last year. But there are good, exciting young players, their farm system now is middle of the pack

Free agency isn't what it used to be, with revenue sharing, more teams have money, and they are locking up their young players. I think the Yankees are going to go through a couple of tough years.

That was Steinbrenners deal through and through. cash was a pass. Everyone knows that
Cashman is on the hook for DLsburry and Headley.

maybe Beltran if you want to go there,but it was a 3 year deal and this is the last of Texiera and I think CC, both Champions though.

Arod and Tanaka..Steinbrenner.

but damn if ARod isn't their best player quite often.

which is a problem of course.

maybe Beltran if you want to go there,but it was a 3 year deal and this is the last of Texiera and I think CC, both Champions though.

Yeah they stink.

Still on the hook for CC in 2017 unless he's injured enough for the Yankees to buy out the last year for 5 million

• 2017 vests if Sabathia:
    is not on the DL at the end of 2016
    Does not spend 45+ days on the DL due to his left shoulder
    Does not make 6+ relief appears in 2016 due to left shoulder

Still on the hook for CC in 2017 unless he's injured enough for the Yankees to buy out the last year for 5 million

• 2017 vests if Sabathia:
    is not on the DL at the end of 2016
    Does not spend 45+ days on the DL due to his left shoulder
    Does not make 6+ relief appears in 2016 due to left shoulder
yeah.

I think I was thinking it was DL stint, but the shoulder only makes it almost a certainty that he gets paid.

Yankee success in the next couple of seasons will depend on the relatively young core of starting pitchers: Tanaka, Pineda, Eovaldi, and Severino. Tanaka, when healthy, is basically an ace. Pineda and Eovaldi have shown flashes of dominance, but are unreliable at this point; not just for health reasons. Severino is the youngest and certainly deserves time to reach his ceiling. Collectively, I could see these four pitchers becoming very successful and I could also see them be collective failures.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom