"Their RPI... They lost 5 out of 6... The outrage!!!" | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

"Their RPI... They lost 5 out of 6... The outrage!!!"

The worst is listening to clowns like Mike Greenberg, taking a break from Mike and Mike's year long NFL slobfest to talk about how Monmouth should've gotten in over us.

F you dude. You watch like five minutes of CBB before March.

If you're listening to Mike Greeberg talking about sports, then you need to stop. That ship sailed a long time ago.

There are so many more options now. And literally all of them are better.

That was awesome stuff you put out there yesterday...especially the list of bubble teams going into the show...

I went back to '07.

Our RPI was 46. Our record vs the Top 50 was 3-6 and against the top 100 (51-100) was 6-2.

That compares to 73; 5-6 and 3-4 this year.

That is why I didn't think they were getting in...

As for the commentators, they all cherry-pick the stats they want to use.

I caught the first few minutes of Boomer and Carton this AM as I was driving to work and Carton was talking about the fact that the committee used Boeheim's absence as a primary reason for putting us in.

Infact, Castiglione said the exact opposite - that it was the top 50 Neutral court and road wins that were the driver and that Boeheim's absence really played no role.

Boomer, of course, simply picked up what Carton said as an excuse for putting Monmouth in and leaving us out...

Our record/stats/RPI/whatever in '07 are COMPLETELY IRRELEVANT to 2016.

First - I'm pretty sure it was only 64 + 1 back then.
(the First Four started in 2011)

Secondly - SMU & Llvll are sitting this one out, so that adds 2 more slots - now we're effectively at the "top 70" teams having a shot to dance.

So, what it took to qualify in a field of 65 vs what it now takes to qualify in a field of (effectively) 70 - that's an extra 5 "meh" teams that get in this year.

And we were one of them.

That was awesome stuff you put out there yesterday...especially the list of bubble teams going into the show...

I went back to '07.

Our RPI was 46. Our record vs the Top 50 was 3-6 and against the top 100 (51-100) was 6-2.

That compares to 73; 5-6 and 3-4 this year.

That is why I didn't think they were getting in...

As for the commentators, they all cherry-pick the stats they want to use.

I caught the first few minutes of Boomer and Carton this AM as I was driving to work and Carton was talking about the fact that the committee used Boeheim's absence as a primary reason for putting us in.

Infact, Castiglione said the exact opposite - that it was the top 50 Neutral court and road wins that were the driver and that Boeheim's absence really played no role.

Boomer, of course, simply picked up what Carton said as an excuse for putting Monmouth in and leaving us out...
Carton is an arse. He hates JB and takes every opportunity to bash him.

I think the stat we should focus on, if I recall correctly, is that the last time the Big 12 was this good, Syracuse won the Big 12 ... and the tourney! Seriously, who you play and how well you play them can be as important as simply beating up lesser teams. Our guys played tough with some of the best and won a few.

If you're listening to Mike Greeberg talking about sports, then you need to stop. That ship sailed a long time ago.

That's valid. M&M is sports for people who don't actually like sports.

It's like Coors Lite...

Don't you dare bad mouth the silver bullet. It's a great beer of choice if you plan to drink about 30.

I used to listen to Mike & Mike, and given that it's ESPN Radio, it's always on my Sirius/XM favorites, so I pass by. But I usually can't last more than 30 seconds.

JNCuse, can you link to your final projections? How many did you get right?

I got 35 of 37 at large. You can see my selections in the pick 7 of 13 thread. I picked 5 of the 7 (as did most people her) .. I missed Tulsa and Temple (In retrospect the committee respected the AAC more this year -- not a bad call on ther part on those 2 teams just not something they have done in the past). I had South Carolina and Monmouth in instead.

But I was not referring to my picks this week. I was referring to people for the past 3 weeks who said we had not chance every time we had a loss...and who I would argue with that the bubble was too weak to say we did not have a chance as our record got weaker.

This is true. Last autumn I changed my morning ritual from listening to M&M to lurking the overnight Syracusefan posts.

My life is far more enriched for having done so.

I'm starting to get really agitated by those saying (media and the general public) that JB whined and cried his way in to forcing the committee to consider his suspension...that is just patently false and these transgressions will not stand Donnie!!!!

I'm starting to get really agitated by those saying (media and the general public) that JB whined and cried his way in to forcing the committee to consider his suspension...that is just patently false and these transgressions will not stand Donnie!!!!
I'm talking about drawing a line in the sand!

He never even whined, he stated facts, these clowns Woody Paige, Wilbon, Kornheiser, Mike and Mike, our so called alum Craig Carton need to do their homework so they don't sound like complete bafoons.

As the great bugs bunny once said "maroons"...all of them for not seeing the big picture and latching on with a death grip to some overblown and fatally misguided narrative

Last edited:
The worst is listening to clowns like Mike Greenberg, taking a break from Mike and Mike's year long NFL slobfest to talk about how Monmouth should've gotten in over us.

F you dude. You watch like five minutes of CBB before March.

Those dolts really shouldn't have a show. They're so bad. I love the big dude that will talk about anything, but when Notre Dame has something bad hit the news is always like, "we can't comment on this, it's irresponsible...we have to wait till we hear more." Until the story is gone. They're both intolerable.

Pretty much invariably, the dolts popping off about our inclusion and seed are clinging to the RPI and "last 10" factors as some kind of proof. Of course, most of these dolts are of the "hey I tune into March madness every year so that proves I'm a college hoops aficionado" variety. Um, maybe you ought to take a few minutes and learn how teams are selected in 2016.
Sheer, utter ignorance. And it's delicious. :)

I'm replying before reading the thread, and have to say in fairness, that pretty much echoes what plenty of syracusfan.com members had already said on here just as passionately.

Sounds like quite a few on this board last week.

You know half the time I say something stupid. And the other half of the time I just get lucky!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom