Things that make you go hmm | Syracusefan.com

Things that make you go hmm

dasher

Living Legend
we shot 80% from the free throw line and 40% from 3. We barely won against Elon.

Interesting. It is pretty clear that the team is going to struggle in a lot of games. I fear that they have limited upside, but I'm liking the five "closers" that are emerging. NCAA is a possibility if Lydon continues to develop and we rebound better.

we shot 80% from the free throw line and 40% from 3. We barely won against Elon.
Lehigh game we shot 34 threes. Bonnie game we shot 24 threes. This game we shot 15 threes. Hmmm.

Thought we were on a nice roll with about 5-6 minutes to go then went into that stupid 3 man weave rotation and messed up the offense. Should have kept attacking the rim, cause when we did good things happened.

Thought we were on a nice roll with about 5-6 minutes to go then went into that stupid 3 man weave rotation and messed up the offense. Should have kept attacking the rim, cause when we did good things happened.
I was expecting them to break out some Sweet Georgia Brown. I don't mind them using up some clock but they weren't looking to score from the weave at all.

I was expecting them to break out some Sweet Georgia Brown. I don't mind them using up some clock but they weren't looking to score from the weave at all.
I don't mind the weave with a few minutes to go but not with 5-6 an up like 10 points. We were on a nice roll and that screwed up momentum. Could have seriously put them away right there earlier.

I don't mind the weave with a few minutes to go but not with 5-6 an up like 10 points. We were on a nice roll and that screwed up momentum. Could have seriously put them away right there earlier.

And not against Elon.

Exactly. We could go 0-3 in the Bahamas or we could go 3-0. Our team like many others are trying to figure out its players.
It its what it is. There are no great teams anymore and college basketball is wide open. We just have to keep improving that's it.

I hope tonight is not the type of typical game we see from Richardson.

This is one of those games where there really was not much to take from. This is all I got.

I thought the difference was for 25 minutes we did not move the ball around. Instead we quickly pounded the ball inside which can be boring at times, but effective get us free throws, and the team really really needed to work on that.

We outrebounded them by 8 had two more turnovers they shot 15 more shots then us. However we had 24 more ft attempts so they shot around 3 more attempts then us.

Bench needs a ton of work outside Lydon. Sad to see Joseph not shooting more and spotting up for threes. With Gbinije out he played more pg then sg.
Thats all I got.

you know, as poorly as he shot I thought he did a really good job of going aggressively to the basket and getting fouled. I like this game from him.

I get that. I'm just saying that in his first "off" game, I hope it isn't indicative of what will happen if he isn't hitting 3-4 threes per game. I am quite bully on Richardson--hope he can be a double digit scorer for us.

you know, as poorly as he shot I thought he did a really good job of going aggressively to the basket and getting fouled. I like this game from him.

Agree. Watching tonight, I was thinking that when the team desperately needs a bucket, Richardson should be the go-to guy. He's got a lightning quick first step. By far his best skill. He's going to score or at least get fouled on nearly every drive. His slight build actually helps here in selling the foul.

Agree. Watching tonight, I was thinking that when the team desperately needs a bucket, Richardson should be the go-to guy. He's got a lightning quick first step. By far his best skill. He's going to score or at least get fouled on nearly every drive. His slight build actually helps here in selling the foul.
yep, and it appears he's a very good FT shooter

WHA???? I knew Paige's hand was broken and he was out but . . . .

Now that damn Kentucky will be #1 and stay #1 all season long. Ugh, I feel nauseated.

My first thought was "no they'll play some other good teams OOC that could beat the cats", but after looking at their schedule it's not that great before SEC play. Boston U., USF, Illinois St., @UCLA, Eastern KY, Arizona St., tOSU, Louisville. There are some P5 teams in there, just not currently ranked. They only play 2 ranked conference teams in LSU and Vandy. If UK is still undefeated as of 1/30/16 they do play at Kansas in a rare OOC game during the conference season.

Way to many turnovers for this group so far. Not only is it holding back the offense, but it doesn't allow the defense to get set. I want to see who we play Thursday before making a judgement on this teams long term potential. Power Conference teams are really struggling with mid majors so far, so I have no clue about anything in CBB this year except that UK is the best team.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom