Things To Do in Clemson | Syracusefan.com

Things To Do in Clemson

TexanMark

Tailgate Guru

"For Pregame make sure you get an early start. You guys are catching us during Homecoming. Make sure you make it over to Bowmen Field to see the homecoming floats. They are pretty cool. Bowman field is in front of Tillman Hall which is the clock tower building. After that make it over to downtown Clemson, which is small and quaint, but some great places to visit. Make sure you make it over to the ESSO Club to listen to some live music before the game. The ESSO is not near downtown, but its within walking distance. The ESSO is a block and half away from the stadium. So that should be your final destination. If you head towards the stadium from downtown, ESSO will be down the road (hwy 93) just past the stadium on the right.
Post game be prepared for colossal traffic. Afternoon games aren't NEARLY as much of a problem as it is for night games. Everyone rushes to get out of town because they are looking at getting home so late. Be prepared to tailgate a good hour or two unless you like sitting in traffic."

For those going to the Syracusefan.com tailgate at St. Andrews Catholic Church and Bowman Field is really close...looks to be about 1/3 mile south of the church.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/St Andrews Catholic Church/@34.6828796,-82.8362676,17z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x88585e678a042353:0x6ac865ce76e593ef

Finally, everyone needs to leave the tailgate in time to see the entrance.

Tiger Fans...how long does it take to get through security?

Last edited:
No Saturday Mass on days of Clemson home games.
Good catch!

"On days when Clemson football is at home, there is no scheduled Confessions and the
5:15 PM Mass is not celebrated. Traffic makes it difficult to get in and out of the church neighborhood."

Good catch!

"On days when Clemson football is at home, there is no scheduled Confessions and the
5:15 PM Mass is not celebrated. Traffic makes it difficult to get in and out of the church neighborhood."

"No one wants to hear your problems anyway. Wah wah wah, can't beat Spurrier so you used blasphemy. Get a hobby. But keep your hands off yourself. Thank you, The Church"

How long will you be staying in the area? There's plenty to do in the area, especially hiking and other outdoors stuff. I recommend going to Whitewater Falls, Devils Fork State Park on Lake Jocassee, Keowee-Toxaway St. Park, Table Rock, or Caesars Head. All within an hour's drive of campus to the north/northwest. Some great Blue Ridge Mountain views and fall foliage.
If you're looking for Friday/Gameday activities, I recommend Loose Change in downtown Clemson for lunch. Just a dive bar but the food's as good as it gets for casual fare in dt Clemson. On Gameday I strongly recommend the Esso Club as well as just walking around to various tailgates and meeting people. We're generally a pretty friendly bunch around here so as long as you're respectful there'll be no issue with being invited to multiple tailgates. Also take a walk around the campus - the architecture isn't much to speak of with a lot of the newer buildings but the landscaping and scenery is awesome. Of course go see the floats on Bowman. However, the display won't be as impressive this year due to conflict between Greek life (which pays for and builds the floats) and the administration.

Watch out for drunk clemson fans, they are worse than sober ones.

...they even take off your glasses and step on them in front of you.

I will never return. Good luck guys!

upload_2014-10-23_15-22-49.jpeg

You can also date an attractive cousin down there, if you're so inclined.

Hey TigerWill what is the open container policy like on game day? Downtown area and closer to the stadium, thanks

"For Pregame make sure you get an early start. You guys are catching us during Homecoming. Make sure you make it over to Bowmen Field to see the homecoming floats. They are pretty cool. Bowman field is in front of Tillman Hall which is the clock tower building. After that make it over to downtown Clemson, which is small and quaint, but some great places to visit. Make sure you make it over to the ESSO Club to listen to some live music before the game. The ESSO is not near downtown, but its within walking distance. The ESSO is a block and half away from the stadium. So that should be your final destination. If you head towards the stadium from downtown, ESSO will be down the road (hwy 93) just past the stadium on the right.
Post game be prepared for colossal traffic. Afternoon games aren't NEARLY as much of a problem as it is for night games. Everyone rushes to get out of town because they are looking at getting home so late. Be prepared to tailgate a good hour or two unless you like sitting in traffic."

For those going to the Syracusefan.com tailgate at St. Andrews Catholic Church and Bowman Field is really close...looks to be about 1/3 mile south of the church.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/St Andrews Catholic Church/@34.6828796,-82.8362676,17z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x88585e678a042353:0x6ac865ce76e593ef

Finally, everyone needs to leave the tailgate in time to see the entrance.

Tiger Fans...how long does it take to get through security?

If you get in on Friday night, you will probably enjoy a more Syracuse like experience in downtown Greenville, SC - about 45 minutes from Clemson. There is a minor league hockey game at the Bon Secours Center tomorrow night at 7:00 PM. I have no idea who the teams are but I plan to be there. Look for the old grumpy guy and say "hello!" Hanging out on Fayette and Clinton Streets last fall reminded me of the Main St. area of Greenville. Plenty of retail, good food and entertainment.

Security isn't a huge problem as there are multiple ticket checkers at every gate. Memorial Stadium is designed to get a lot of people inside in a hurry. I usually leave my parking spot beside Littlejohn Coliseum about 40 minutes before kick off and rarely have a problem getting seated in time for all the pre-game activities including a trip to the rest room.

Here's hoping you enjoy everything about the trip - except the game itself ;)

Hey TigerWill what is the open container policy like on game day? Downtown area and closer to the stadium, thanks
Anywhere on campus is fair game as are the parking lots at Esso and Larry's. However, once you cross over Hwy 93 surrounding campus open container laws do apply and open drinks aren't allowed.

You can date a cousin in New York as well, she just won't be as attractive.

And I'm guessing you were 100% minding your own business, and in no way agitated the person who did this?

Been going for 20 years, haven't seen anything like this. Sorry it did.

No Saturday Mass on days of Clemson home games.

Meanwhile, Syracuse reroutes the entire crowd to the other side of the dome.

:crazy::bat::bang:

Im all for practicing religion - just plan better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom