Things....... | Syracusefan.com

Things.......

newmexicuse

All Conference
Well, the team's perfect record in games that I get to see continues - all very sad defeats. Maybe I am a jinx.

Some random musings:

1. Where was Lydon ? - He wasn't doing much even before he rolled the ankle. It is pretty apparent that this team doesn't have enough when he isn't playing well. He should have been finding space and mis-matches. Sorry, but this year he is not playing like a first rounder, so if he can get drafted that high he best take advantage of that situation.

2. Where was Gillon's energy ? - He just didn't seem to have after burners in the entire first half. He struggled early in the second half, then there was a point where he had a bucket and a nice assist and then suddenly there was a FH appearance. I didn't get that.

3. Speaking of FH, this kid is a lost soul. I just don't get why with his size and athleticism he isn't a steal machine. I was amazed that he ended with 4 assists, cause all I saw was a lot of E-W dribbling and shots that he couldn't finish on. Even announcers commented about the kid's face.

4. The D - how was it possible that they scored three times in four possessions on the same high low backdoor play. This just typifies the team's inability to adjust to anything. I watched the game from my DVR, thought it had gotten stuck on loop mode.

5. We had our opportunites in the second half, but every time we got close they responded & we could not come up with stops when it mattered. No D heart.

6. Roberson - I think he should be starting. When he first came in he had a few bad plays, just took him awhile to get into the flow. Let it happen from the tap. Also, per other threads, why does Jimmy keep bad mouthing this kid. He plays harder than anybody else on this team.

7. Towards the end Gillon had picked up his game. he was getting nice assists & he had just hit a trey. kid was feeling it, then he misses a trey & out he comes. Jimmy shows him no faith, especially bad when the alternative "answer" is Frank.

8. Thompson is just sooo smooth on O & he battled nicely for boards, just got to get that stick of dynamite under him to speed up those D rotations. Not sure if it is a lack of quickness or just not seeing the play unfold quickly enough. Definitely looking froward to his progression thru the rest of the season.

9. Andrew is mister one & done - no not that he is only with us for one season, but in all the games I have seen he has one good half & then rests on his laurels.

10. Battle - it is nice to see this kid expand his game and his role. Not sure if it is the foot problems or not, but he just doesn't have an explosive first step. If he can develop that - watch out !!

11. Coaching has not been good this season. I think Jimmy's attitude has been a detriment. He's better than that & it's time he starts to show it.

The last 5 before the VT game where he was obviously injured he was averaging 17.2 ppg, 8.8 rpg, 1.8 apg, 1.8 bpg, 1 spg.

I stopped reading after "Where was Lydon ? - He wasn't doing much even before he rolled the ankle.".

"1. Where was Lydon ? - He wasn't doing much even before he rolled the ankle. It is pretty apparent that this team doesn't have enough when he isn't playing well. He should have been finding space and mis-matches. Sorry, but this year he is not playing like a first rounder, so if he can get drafted that high he best take advantage of that situation."

Just awful

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom