Thinner Syracuse football running back Adonis Ameen-Moore 'looks like a totally different person' | Syracusefan.com

Thinner Syracuse football running back Adonis Ameen-Moore 'looks like a totally different person'

Who is our best 3rd and long running back?

DMC
That's kind of what I had figured. So that could make up a big chunk of his time. AAM could be a late drive to close out the game and goal line guy. Leaves Morris and Gulley for the rest. I'm hoping to see a lot of two RB backfield sets this year.

AAM is my choice for surprise O player of the year. Saw the kid play HS ball in Denver and he was all world. Great feet and vision with power and plenty of speed. I say he plays alot more than people expect.

GoSU96 said:
T Hunt

He's pretty good on 4th and 9

EDIT: Had to put in a picture

Screen Shot 2014-07-16 at 10.50.32 AM.png

Last edited:
Good for him.

There should be a lot of misguided posters upset at this development (if they were consistent)

I didn't know there was an anti AAM group.

I didn't know there was an anti AAM group.
There isnt. Millhouse is referencing the elation many voiced when we signed him about having a big ol' running back and how that was the way to go.

There isnt. Millhouse is referencing the elation many voiced when we signed him about having a big ol' running back and how that was the way to go.
yes - should've been more clear.

lots of ironhead heyward excitement back then that i thought was silly. i'm excited to see what he can do now. 230 is still a big back

I remember when we recruited him and how "shifty" he was forca big back. Not only did he run over defenders, he changed direction and gained the extra yards. I personally am very excited to see what he can do at a lower weight because I always had high expectations for him.

If you need one yard, he'll give you two. If you need four yards, he'll give you two.
A lot has changed with him, and it's all positive. There will be a lot of very surprised people on how he really runs now. Fluid and power, and putting the great footwork to use, and has receiving skills. 34 will be getting plenty of carries.

Overweight is overweight and being overweight is brought on by athletes who are lazy or undisciplined. It's about 1 out of 100 of these athletes that can perform at an elite level being overweight. I am talking athletes that need to move quickly for a living. AAM probably isn't one of them. Why anyone would think that big running back being a big running back who is now 30 pounds overweight is a good idea is beyond me. They should have pushed for another 15-20 pounds and made him an OT at that point.. That said AAM at 225 sounds right and he is still a big back just now not a fat out of shape one.

Late night eating makes one wonder as well. I am in the boat that he won't get more than 15 carries all year, he's a 4th string rb

A lot has changed with him, and it's all positive. There will be a lot of very surprised people on how he really runs now. Fluid and power, and putting the great footwork to use, and has receiving skills. 34 will be getting plenty of carries.
Agreed and good to hear. I wish everyone could have seen him in HS he was special. Im going way out on a limb here but if he gets in shape and really works at it he might get a sniff in the league he has that much talent

Overweight is overweight and being overweight is brought on by athletes who are lazy or undisciplined. It's about 1 out of 100 of these athletes that can perform at an elite level being overweight. I am talking athletes that need to move quickly for a living. AAM probably isn't one of them. Why anyone would think that big running back being a big running back who is now 30 pounds overweight is a good idea is beyond me. They should have pushed for another 15-20 pounds and made him an OT at that point.. That said AAM at 225 sounds right and he is still a big back just now not a fat out of shape one.

Late night eating makes one wonder as well. I am in the boat that he won't get more than 15 carries all year, he's a 4th string rb
If I follow, you're saying he should be 200lbs?

Good for him that the light went on. Frustrating that it took until he was almost out of eligibility . If he has a year that lives up to potential, he will be the football version of Rick Jackson. RJ waited until senior year to hit the weight room hard and was a real difference maker. Always wondered what his career could have been if he hit the weights and ate better the whole time he was here...

Good for him that the light went on. Frustrating that it took until he was almost out of eligibility . If he has a year that lives up to potential, he will be the football version of Rick Jackson. RJ waited until senior year to hit the weight room hard and was a real difference maker. Always wondered what his career could have been if he hit the weights and ate better the whole time he was here...
The weight room has never been a problem with him. A lot of times Shamarko was up at 2am he was training with him. His weight has been a well documented battle for him since he was little. He's tried many different things. It takes growing up and maturing, as well as getting dialed in with a very strong mind.

It's difficult to train your body the way these athletes train. You want to get stronger, but get rid of all the excess body fat. That's very difficult to do without precise nutrition.

kcsu said:
Agreed and good to hear. I wish everyone could have seen him in HS he was special. Im going way out on a limb here but if he gets in shape and really works at it he might get a sniff in the league he has that much talent
I did not see him play in high school but I did watch his high school highlight film a few times. The kid has the skill it takes to be a great back (not claiming to be a recruiter). We have had some pretty good backs in the last few years so he has had some tough competition. The posters that are bashing him were probably the ones that were all giddy when he gave a verbal commitment. I hope he makes a huge impact and makes you eat your words. There are plenty other things to complain about other than this young man.

If I follow, you're saying he should be 200lbs?

I am saying he should be playing at what is ideal body weight should be for a 1a athlete at the running back, apparently it has taken him 4 years to get there. That is what I am saying. 260 isn't it, 200 isn't it either. 260 leaves the guy 30 pounds overweight and won't get you carries.

I am saying he should be playing at what is ideal body weight should be for a 1a athlete at the running back, apparently it has taken him 4 years to get there. That is what I am saying. 260 isn't it, 200 isn't it either. 260 leaves the guy 30 pounds overweight and won't get you carries.
Agreed. He should've stayed at his lower weight that he was at for the majority of the season. When he wasn't playing and it was the end of the season he gained the weight. And I'm not making excuses for him, but that's what happened.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom