Third Annual Orangeyes Open August 6th, It is Time to Send Your Payment! | Syracusefan.com

Third Annual Orangeyes Open August 6th, It is Time to Send Your Payment!

sutomcat

No recent Cali or Iggy awards; Mr Irrelevant
a840863a41.png

OrangeOnions and CNYCentralCuse will be co-directors with yours truly.

We will be teeing off at noon that day (it is a Saturday).

Cost will be $90 for golf and dinner and $30 for dinner only. The tournament will again be held at Foxfire, conveniently located just off the Van Buren exit for I-690, just 10 minutes from downtown Syracuse.

All profits go to the Rochester/CNY Chapter of the Crohn's & Colitis Foundation of America. It is a great event for a great cause. Gives you a chance to meet many members of the syracusefan.com community, talk SU sports with fellow maniacs, maybe bid on some excellent memorablia and meet some movers and shakers at SU. Most importantly, it is a chance to pay tribute to and remember our dear friend Orangeyes.

We need rough numbers for planning purposes. If you plan to attend, please reply to this thread indicating the number of people in your group and whether you are doing golf and dinner or just dinner.

Example:

sutomcat 4 for golf and dinner, 1 more for dinner only

Thanks and hope you see you out on the course!

Send payment electronically to sutomcat @ hotmail.com or send a check to

Brian Johnson
304 Cherry Road
Syracuse NY 13219

Last edited:
I will be there for dinner only, but probably will come hang out during the golf hours, or maybe walk or ride with someone as I am flying in just for this. Well into Syracuse, then staying east for other purposes. Let me know if I can do anything to help. Doing the CCF walk here in April.

I think I will be out of the country then, but if you are having a silent auction, I would be happy to again donate my court side seats for a mutually-agreed-upon game.

Last edited:
I think I will be out of the country then, but if you are having a silent auction, I would be happy to donate my court side seats for a mutually agreed-upon game.
I can't thank you enough for your generous courtside seat donation. It has been the biggest money draw for the first 2 years and have no doubt it will continue to be. Would love to see you be able to attend one of these years.

I am still hoping to come, but my whole summer trip has been on hold. My husband needs some surgery and we have been waiting almost 5 weeks for the doctors to get back to him. As long as it is in July, I am good.
But I have made no plans yet. Sooo frustrating. Plus hoping he meets me in Toronto a couple of days after the fundraiser. Hope we hear this week!!

Update:

We need to get a final count to Foxfire for the number of golfers and dinner only people, so we are accepting payments effective immediately. If you are coming (or just want to support the cause financially), please send payment electronically via paypal to sutomcat @ hotmail.com (remove the spaces, use the send money to friends and family to avoid surcharges) or send a check to OrangeOnions made out to Brian Johnson. His address is 304 Cherry Road, Syracuse NY 13219.

Thanks in advance for your support!

I will be coming!!! Not a golfer, just dinner. But will most likely come out and walk around with a group or do some sort of work that you may need. After all I'm coming from AZ. So think if there is something I can do to help out. I will send the $$$ this weekend.

Back to a most likely no. Husband was in the hospital and had emergency surgery. It was suppose to be a dual surgery and now we have to wait to see the Dr. on July 22 for his 2nd problem. Slight chance I will decide then to come (depending on last minute flights) but my back up plan brings me back for my HS reunion Aug. 2 0 and then Toronto to visit my son, and finish in Syracuse for the 1st football game. I will send money anyways which can go towards a donation if I do not come. And if I do not make it this summer, I will make it next summer!!!!

Linda,

Would love to have you but family comes first. Will be praying for your husband and if you can't make it, we'll see you at the football games and hopefully at the OE Open next year.

Best,
Brian

kuethstheman said:
We had a blast! Can't wait until next yeat! Thanks to Orange onions, Tom, and everyone else that helped make this a great event!
Glad you had fun.

Thanks to all who attended, donated prizes or money. Hope everyone had a great time. I know I did!

Glad you had fun.

Thanks to all who attended, donated prizes or money. Hope everyone had a great time. I know I did!
It was great doing something fun on a day when we celebrate Orangeyes. The golf was great and the Virginians were in the mix, it was great spending the day with SU fans, the talk given by Farah Jadran tore heartstrings, I've enjoyed Chris Gedney for decades and like to hear him speak, but especially nice were Dan Johnson's grand-kids. They've taken ownership of a memorial to their grand-dad, a legendary figure in SU fandom. His grand-daughter was giddy when her grandma won a prize. His grand-son that managed the putting contest was hoping no one would make the putt so they'd make more money for his grand-dad's fundraiser. This is an exciting and important event for his family and its future looks good. I'm glad to be able to participate. Celebrations are experiential by nature and the fickle finger of fate dictates our availability. Thanks, Dan...you put on a good party...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom