This deserves its own thread (courtesy of OrangeXtreme) | Syracusefan.com

This deserves its own thread (courtesy of OrangeXtreme)

Donna Ditota ‏@DonnaDitota1 30m30 minutes ago
Here at Syracuse basketball practice, Dajuan Coleman is participating in early drills.

Hopefully this is as good as it sounds.

I'm really rooting for the big fella. It sucks that a local McD's all american who chose to stay and play for his hometown school has had the injury problems he's had. Coleman has really, really showed tremendous work ethic sticking to this juicing diet to drop weight, and with his rehab. Hard work will pay off. Not sure if it will happen this year for him, but it WILL happen.

He's going to make an impact in his career.

I'm really rooting for the big fella. It sucks that a local McD's all american who chose to stay and play for his hometown school has had the injury problems he's had. Coleman has really, really showed tremendous work ethic sticking to this juicing diet to drop weight, and with his rehab. Hard work will pay off. Not sure if it will happen this year for him, but it WILL happen.

He's going to make an impact in his career.

That's really good news. I found myself wondering about him earlier this month, but the relative silence suggested to it was perhaps something not to be re-visited as he was unfortunately toast. Here's hoping he becomes a regular contributor, and soon.

Last edited:
He was participating in drills last Wednesday when I was at practice. But he was no participating in scrimmages. Big difference.

Very good point. It's one thing to do drills, and another to go up and down the floor at full speed, making cuts, jockeying for position, etc.

No doubt.

I'm not holding my breath, but the reports about how hard he's working are encouraging for down the road. Here's hoping he comes back sooner than expected.

If we can get through December without him playing, and then he's able to contribute 10-12 minutes as suggested above, I'd take that in a heartbeat. There is absolutely no need to rush him back just to get hurt in the preseason.

If we can get through December without him playing, and then he's able to contribute 10-12 minutes as suggested above, I'd take that in a heartbeat. There is absolutely no need to rush him back just to get hurt in the preseason.
I'm still in the camp that thinks a medical redshirt is the way to go, but if he can come back fully healthy by mid-season that would be a monster addition.

I'm still in the camp that thinks a medical redshirt is the way to go, but if he can come back fully healthy by mid-season that would be a monster addition.

You are both right. The key is him not getting hurt--even if it means waiting. But if he can return, wow--that would be a big shot in the arm. It would address the one "hole" in our rotation, backup center.

I'm not seeing it for this year. The guy only recently became ambulatory. It's just too much to ask for him to come out be productive this year in my opinion.

I'm not seeing it for this year. The guy only recently became ambulatory. It's just too much to ask for him to come out be productive this year in my opinion.

Im giving this a like even if only for the word "ambulatory". It brings back some of the few actually fond memories of my time in a hospital. I figured if I was going to "tee" an entire thread, I am going to try to find something I like about every post, but wanted to explain this just in case anyone at all was curious why I liked too apparently different viewpoints. Yes, at times I am neurotic enough to care about the feelings of all. Just not all the time.

Of course, I am hoping you're not right. I can see you've put thought into it though, and I respect you as a poster. Sometimes there are exceptions to the general rules, and I am hoping DC2 ends up being one of those, even if you are correct with your assessment.