This Exodus to the NBA is worrying me... | Syracusefan.com

This Exodus to the NBA is worrying me...

Cuse'91

All American
Could CJ really not return for his senior season???

Have to say this year's draft is embarrassingly thin, McLemore, Smart, and Noel on 1 and a half legs as the top three??? Those would be picks 12 to 14 in a regular year...

What if CJ gets advised that even if he averages 20 and 10 next year he will probably still get drafted lower in 2014? Can you blame him for leaving now?

Could happen with Wiggins, Parker, and the entire Kentucky Wildcat roster coming out next year, it's not that far fetched a scenario...
Think so far, only Florida's Young is supposedly staying, all the borderlines seem to be going pro...

Just because he isn't likely to be drafted higher next year, doesn't mean he is likely to be drafted this year. CJ does some nice things, but I wouldn't think he projects as an NBA player at this point.

He doesn't have much to lose by staying an extra year. He'd probably be a 20th- late first round kind of player. Even with the stacked forward class next year, if he has a good year he could play his way to just outside or maybe even into the lottery.

This is one of the times I think it's better to stay. He could be like pick 18 next year, get his degree, be an All American and get another final four berth. I think if he stays he makes more money in the long run

If C.J. wants to go then we will struggle, but still should make the tournament. Honestly, these past 5 years have been the Golden Age of Syracuse basketball. 3 seed 2009, 1 seed 2010, 3 seed 2011, 1 seed 2012, 4 seed 2013. I don't want C.J. to leave for selfish reasons, but if he does this team will need Coleman, Rak, Grant to be ready or else we will struggle, Fair is the glue to hold the team together. MCW should go as his stock is as high as it will likely get due to his age, but Fair shouldn't leave unless he believes he has nothing else to prove and he thinks he can get drafted in the first round. I don't think Fair is going anywhere, but if he does thank you for 3 years and next man up.

I do not want him to leave at all, but leaving this year might allow him to capitalize on the buzz he has going. this years draft class is a joke. i am convinced he would be a 1st round pick. next year is loaded, even with a great season it will be tough for him to go in the 1st round. i really don't buy on players coming back to increase their value unless they are really raw. there seems to be more examples working against coming back.

with that said let's hope he's Orange next year

I hate draft placement talk as the be all and end all...guys need to be able to play in the league. If you can play, the money takes care of itself.

CJ triples his paycheck in the NBA if he comes back for another year

If C.J. wants to go then we will struggle, but still should make the tournament. Honestly, these past 5 years have been the Golden Age of Syracuse basketball. 3 seed 2009, 1 seed 2010, 3 seed 2011, 1 seed 2012, 4 seed 2013. I don't want C.J. to leave for selfish reasons, but if he does this team will need Coleman, Rak, Grant to be ready or else we will struggle, Fair is the glue to hold the team together. MCW should go as his stock is as high as it will likely get due to his age, but Fair shouldn't leave unless he believes he has nothing else to prove and he thinks he can get drafted in the first round. I don't think Fair is going anywhere, but if he does thank you for 3 years and next man up.

You know what blows my mind? Thinking in the past few years of Syracuse basketball we had great chances to make the Final Four each year. The 2010 and 2012 were both 1 seeds, 2009 was a good team (just ran into Blake Griffin that game), 2011 would probably be the least likely but we learned the potential of our team the following year, and obviously this year.

You know what blows my mind? Thinking in the past few years of Syracuse basketball we had great chances to make the Final Four each year. The 2010 and 2012 were both 1 seeds, 2009 was a good team (just ran into Blake Griffin that game), 2011 would probably be the least likely but we learned the potential of our team the following year, and obviously this year.

If that 2009 beat Oklahoma they would have lost to UNC in the Elite 8.