This is a great article for any naysayers out there. | Syracusefan.com

This is a great article for any naysayers out there.

I think Diagne is going to surprise on the upside and I don't think it'll take him very long.

This class of players has the ability, especially if we add Battle the year after. I think most of the guys in this class will be here 3 or 4 years which is a good thing because they are good enough to compete for multiple titles. I am excited, it reminds me of the run we had here from 2003-2005 (minus the bad tourney losses to Bama and Vermont). Those teams were really good with players like Warrick, GMac, and Josh Pace because they stayed together for a few years. I envision that for this group of players with maybe 1 or 2 guys leaving early (CMac and Battle).

I think Diagne is going to surprise on the upside and I don't think it'll take him very long.

I actually think when all is said and done, Lydon will be the biggest surprise of the group. He's going to help us sooner than many realize.

exciting class, and glad the coaches have taken the challenge of "us against the world," and win one last one for JB. It would be so amazing to see that through!

I actually think when all is said and done, Lydon will be the biggest surprise of the group. He's going to help us sooner than many realize.

I certainly hope so, but if you look at our history with "stretch 4" type of players, it's been a long time since we had one, and they often don't work out for us. Not a good fit for the system.

Lydon has a terrific looking jump shot. He could be a real gem of a player for the Orange. Kind of like a Jerami Grant with a consistent outside threat. Maybe he won't muscle too well down low at first but with his excellent jump shot his mid-range game may be deadly and very hard to defend.

I certainly hope so, but if you look at our history with "stretch 4" type of players, it's been a long time since we had one, and they often don't work out for us. Not a good fit for the system.

The reason most don't work out is because they're not athletic enough to handle the wing responsibilities of the zone. Lydon does.

Also, it opens up the offense for a 5 man like Coleman who can't play on the perimeter and/or has a limited faceup game.

Lydon has a terrific looking jump shot. He could be a real gem of a player for the Orange. Kind of like a Jerami Grant with a consistent outside threat. Maybe he won't muscle too well down low at first but with his excellent jump shot his mid-range game may be deadly and very hard to defend.

Well, let's be honest. I don't think Lydon has the explosiveness of a player like Grant. He's more athletic than a Jason Cipolla, Glenn Sekunda or Sean Kerins. If he turns out to be as good as Bobby Lazor was, that would be pretty good. But Lazor didn't fit our system and transferred out to Arizona State.