This is going to be a loooooong year | Syracusefan.com

This is going to be a loooooong year

Team just needs time to gel. We've been spoiled in recent years with teams the cruise through the non-conference schedule. This team will lose at least 3 games before conference play starts. And you know what? That's okay. We lack an offensive identity right now which I think we'll develop by the time ACC play starts.

Honestly Gbinjie is obviously the best guard on offense because he can actually put the ball on the floor and score. Joseph will be the one to lose PT though as Cooney hustle gives him tenure with JB.

just completely lower whatever expectations you had.

Surprisingly I'm completely calm after that half as I expected it to be something like this.

This isn't good. this isn't refreshing. We aren't good. We won't be good. Now, we have been so solid for so long, we are due for a season like this.

Way to stick by your Team, there !!!

For those of us who don't wear orange colored glasses the minute Ennis and Grant left this team had bubble team written all over it

Way to stick by your Team, there !!!
Oh my. Look kid, I was a syracuse fan long before JB was coach. I live and die with these games. I will still watch every game. And we might satill win this game. Win or lose, we aren't good. And it has nothing to do with me. As Bayside said, it has a lot more to do with two kids that are playing in the bush leagues.

we aren't good on defense and we stink on offense, it's not just a tweak here and there to change this one. it should have scared the hell out of everyone that cooney and Christmas were the best returning players.

Dasher is being fair. Our offense is a clogged toilet if we can't score in transition. Expecting to win games in the 50s is not fun basketball. I love JB but starting Gbinije and having Cooney come off the bench is what I would do. Defending Cooney is way too easy. We need more spacing on offense as we are playing 4 on 4 and that is with 2 Freshman.

just completely lower whatever expectations you had.

Surprisingly I'm completely calm after that half as I expected it to be something like this.

I think we'll play (and defend) a lot better in the second half but I'm similarly (surprisingly) calm.

We've got a lot of weak spots.

The big guys' struggle to finish around the hoop is frustrating. McCullough, dunk the ball. Christmas, stop turning 2-footers into 5-footers.

SG position gives us nothing on offense unless it's catch and shoot. It is mind boggling Gbinjie is on the bench. This team is going to struggle this year to average 60 ppg.

The rapid regression of Cooneys game is a large problem for us. Silent G is the far superior player to him. He needs to play 35 mins a game minimum. How anyone can watch the last 25 games from Trevor and not see he does nothing blows my mind. His d is average and his O is nowhere to be found.

I still think this team will be fine, but Jim has to stop being so loyal to a guy who just plain lost it.

SG position gives us nothing on offense unless it's catch and shoot. It is mind boggling Gbinjie is on the bench. This team is going to struggle this year to average 60 ppg.

This is a huge problem. There's no improvement here from last season. And I did not like the woofing after the one made three.

This is a huge problem. There's no improvement here from last season. And I did not like the woofing after the one made three.
Completely agree. What happened to this kid? Dude chucks 1 for 10 and goes crazy on the one make.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom