This is sweet redemption for Roberson | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

This is sweet redemption for Roberson

Who would you play.
Bad knees, so you could hurt his long term health
Or
Head case
Or
The pirate

Though the sanctions and defections played a definite role in the construction of this year's roster, the limited bench is clearly not just a 2016-2017 issue.

no. you don't start a frosh over a senior who's outplaying him. simple.
your missing the point. Doesn't matter whether he "starts" or not. JB's system isn't like that. We all know he loves to have a guy on the bench in his rotation that comes in and provides a spark. From Scoop and Kris' sophomore years, Dion's sophomore year, Southerland, Lydon last year, now Roberson this year.

Though the sanctions and defections played a definite role in the construction of this year's roster, the limited bench is clearly not just a 2016-2017 issue.

That's a recruiting/development issue. Too many guys who can't play are on the team the last few years. Joseph, Patterson, Oboko, Howard, Chewbacca. Generally, if you can play, JB plays you.
Few transfers (Manning, Duncan, etc) have ever done much, and only Manning played in the NBA, I believe.
Of course he was the prime source for our sanctions the first time, so that hurt double.

I believe JB will stay with this line-up as long as we ride this wave...hopefully, it's one of those 100 year type waves. ;)

The past few years, JB has liked the 6th man to be a guy who can come in and immediately have an impact vs. simply to give a starter a breather, maintain the status quo, etc. It appears for this season, he may of found that with Roberson. Similar to when KJ came off the bench, Waiter's, etc. In the end, as JB has alluded to on many occasion, it's who's in the game (getting the minutes) when it's matters most and the game result is still in question.

That's a recruiting/development issue. Too many guys who can't play are on the team the last few years. Joseph, Patterson, Oboko, Howard, Chewbacca. Generally, if you can play, JB plays you.
Few transfers (Manning, Duncan, etc) have ever done much, and only Manning played in the NBA, I believe.
Of course he was the prime source for our sanctions the first time, so that hurt double.
At least 3 other transfers did well post-SU:

Hughes--Rutgers
Sekunda--PSU
Lazor--ASU

At least 3 other transfers did well post-SU:

Hughes--Rutgers
Sekunda--PSU
Lazor--ASU

Earl Duncan at RU also.
Sucked to see those guys playing well for Rutgirls.

25qrvyo.jpg

tigger_TR.png

Our best lineup the last 2 years has had Lydon at the 5.

He's very quick and stronger than he looks. But there will be some of the bigger centers he's not going to match up well against. But I'd rather have the wins for now.

Why not start Lydon at the 5 and bring TT off the bench as needed? Lydon is going to the 5 for 37 minutes three minutes into the game anyway.

I like TT starting. He needs to learn how to play without getting fouls. We will need him tournament time in March to play better than he is right now.

If it ain't broke...

I think I've had enough of the lineup shuffle. Time to crytalize the lineup and roll with it.
it won us two games, but how many more do you think we can win with a 5.2 type rotation?

it won us two games, but how many more do you think we can win with a 5.2 type rotation?

We have 15 games left. We need to go 10-5 to get into the NCAA tournament.