This is the Gillon I expected to see during preseason | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

This is the Gillon I expected to see during preseason

Gillon has been great. He's James thues with game.

Concerned with his post game comments that he's getting treatment for the first time in his career.

...'It's good to be the King!' ;):)

He has been great. I would like to see him finish around the rim a little. I think that is the next step for him. He has been great and driving and kicking and driving and finding people. I'm not worried him being able to but I can see teams making him do that and trying to cut off passing lanes for him throwing the ball back out.

I know it's only been two games, but he's put together two impressive performances, and his confidence to make plays [instead of just playing to avoid mistakes] is growing.

This development is EXACTLY what the team needed, and we can see how differently the team is playing now that the players on the same page.

Let's Go Orange!!!
he looked good against a team full of forwards. I don't think pitt played an actual guard. I hope it translates forward, because other teams will be able to guard him better then pitt did, and he still got away with some things

he looked good against a team full of forwards. I don't think pitt played an actual guard. I hope it translates forward, because other teams will be able to guard him better then pitt did, and he still got away with some things
He is going to be quicker than almost all the guards he goes against.

I'm not going to disagree with you, but you know what, he's looked good against anybody that's better than a top 150 team, something FH hasn't done since he's been here. Roll with Gillon this year, it's our only chance.

He is going to be quicker than almost all the guards he goes against.

I haven't seen anybody quicker then him, not saying he's the fastest than anybody we've played against, but he disrupts defense.

Gillon has been great. He's James thues with game.

Concerned with his post game comments that he's getting treatment for the first time in his career.

James theus with games is nothing like James theus.

I haven't seen anybody quicker then him, not saying he's the fastest than anybody we've played against, but he disrupts defense.

Fastest dude I've seen in college was kenny lofton

Great to see John use his speed to play solid defense, it's what I was hoping to see - was worried if he didn't, JB would be forced to limit his minutes. Small, fast guards can be very disruptive on defense if they utilize their foot speed, lateral quickness to pressure , rotate and contain. Playing good defense for JB will get you on the court and keep you there as Thompson has found out, hope he is working hard on his defense too.

james thues was one of the better defensive guards ever to wear orange. if only briefly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom