This one's on the staff | Syracusefan.com

This one's on the staff

really? did you not watch the game? just what adjustments would you make to fix the dozen issue we have on D? it was obvious from game 1 pre season we have a ton of things to get fixed. if you add in not making any shots and getting into foul trouble thats a pretty huge hole to dig out of.

really? did you not watch the game? just what adjustments would you make to fix the dozen issue we have on D? it was obvious from game 1 pre season we have a ton of things to get fixed. if you add in not making any shots and getting into foul trouble thats a pretty huge hole to dig out of.

Could've adjusted to man to man, it's not the end of the world. Us jacking up 3s and other garbage shots? We have 0 offensive flow. 0. These kids haven't been playing together for a year yet, it'd help if we had some semblance of an offensive philosophy besides figure it out.

Could've adjusted to man to man, it's not the end of the world. Us jacking up 3s and other garbage shots? We have 0 offensive flow. 0. These kids haven't been playing together for a year yet, it'd help if we had some semblance of an offensive philosophy besides figure it out.

Will also say that while I think Gillon's a valuable asset to this team, I think defensively Howard would've been the better choice this game to get the lions share of minutes. Forces more turnovers and adds more length to the perimeter D.

We are getting no transition points and that's because our top of the zone is playing terribly. Either switch to man or make adjustments.

Will also say that while I think Gillon's a valuable asset to this team, I think defensively Howard would've been the better choice this game to get the lions share of minutes. Forces more turnovers and adds more length to the perimeter D.

We are getting no transition points and that's because our top of the zone is playing terribly. Either switch to man or make adjustments.

Trueblue, important newsflash for you.

SU doesn't play M2M ever. So asking SU to switch to M2M is ridiculous.

Trueblue, important newsflash for you.

SU doesn't play M2M ever. So asking SU to switch to M2M is ridiculous.
And that's a shame. I will never just roll over and accept that. Lets hope the zone clicks before we play UNC and Pitt.

Too much athleticism, talent and competition to just be stubborn.

South Carolina and Wisconsin schooled us on how to beat the zone.

But beyond that, our offense isn't very good. No chemistry. No ball movement. Too much -- as usual -- iso play. No inside game.

Other than that, we're good. Ha!!

But beyond that, our offense isn't very good. No chemistry. No ball movement. Too much -- as usual -- iso play. No inside game.

I'm hoping the top of our zone will figure it out and click soon, because this team was built for transition. Battle/Howard/Roberson/Lydon/Thompson are all made for that. I think that's when our offense will come alive, having teams on their heels.

Just stop. We aren't going to go man to man. Not while JB is still wearing the suit on the sideline.

longislandcuse said:
The fact we will never switch to a M2M is ridiculous.

I think that happens when Hop takes over.

The players didn't execute anything. They could have adjusted movement on the defense but we had far bigger issues than that.

Will go ahead and say, despite whatever stat line, I wasn't impressed with Gillon tonight. Roberson seemingly lost any energy after the few weird foul calls. White looks slow. Lydon's shots weren't falling and Thompson looked like a freshman.

Another reason I suggested Gillon as a spark plug, I don't think he's capable of hanging with these top 25 more physically dominant teams for 25+ minutes, but I think he's capable of coming in and providing some offense and getting things moving.

Will go ahead and say, despite whatever stat line, I wasn't impressed with Gillon tonight. Roberson seemingly lost any energy after the few weird foul calls. White looks slow. Lydon's shots weren't falling and Thompson looked like a freshman.

Another reason I suggested Gillon as a spark plug, I don't think he's capable of hanging with these top 25 more physically dominant teams for 25+ minutes, but I think he's capable of coming in and providing some offense and getting things moving.

Thompson was just awful on D. He might be best used as the center, because his rotations on the forward spot were beyond awful.

we have a team full of guys that have played 5 games together, on the road at one of the hardest places to win in college, against a team of guys that has played like 50-60 games together. but our coaches suck.

I never said they sucked. I agree, we have a team thats played 5 games together. The zone's a system that takes months to click with this many new guys. Was just offering the notion that adjusting to man to man (though I get it JB would never) could have helped make this game much more competitive. Thankfully this is just an early game in November to learn from.

So true. Our 3-point defense was the worst I've ever seen it -- EVER. Luckily we will rarely see a player like Hayes and his passing ability. The offense currently has no flow at all.

I'd love to know what half time speech Boehiem used because after playing so well down the stretch in the first half, the team was totally out of it the first 5 minutes of the second half, both offensively and defensively.

Just stop. We aren't going to go man to man. Not while JB is still wearing the suit on the sideline.
hopefully that changes whenever he decides its time to leave

But... I read here today that our offensive struggles were all attributable to South Carolina's defense, and not our poor execution?

RF2044 said:
But... I read here today that our offensive struggles were all attributable to South Carolina's defense, and not our poor execution?

Poor execution, yes. I left that off my list.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom