this started the 2nd half of the BC game | Syracusefan.com

this started the 2nd half of the BC game

upperdeck

Living Legend
The only reason no one noticed was BC hit like 9 threes in a row to hide the fact we actually started playing better and only crazy shooting kept that game from being winnable down the stretch.

We have shown we can play D for 10-min at a time.. We played it for about 15 vs Pitt. If we can get it to 25 min a game then we are talking.

What is really missing is the turnovers turning into easy baskets that we got so many of the last few years. 7-10 gimme pts a game. We got a few vs Pitt but we need 2-3 more of those baskets a game to help when the O is stagnant for the stretches it always seems to find.

If we can find a way to keep TT in the game then we have 5 shooters. If Howard ever wakes up to help TR come off the bench with energy then we can start talking again.. until this its a fine line..

Eh, I don't there was much we gained from the BC game, other than possibly some offensive confidence in that second half. They consistently got open looks against our zone that whole game so I don't think we played all that much better, especially as the BC D wasn't exactly going as hard in the 2nd.

I think constant film study, JB finally getting to them and getting 5 kids working their tails off is what turned the season around this past week. There is no doubt the effort has been so much better and the players that have played have shown a better understanding of spacing, rotations and anticipation in the zone.

What is really missing is the turnovers turning into easy baskets that we got so many of the last few years.
Were you cryogenically frozen from 2013 until now?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom