This team has no identity | Syracusefan.com

This team has no identity

albanycuse

Dion Waiters
No leaders, no one has stood out yet and became the chief amongst all the indians, and it shows up big time on the court. Its like a bunch of players out there trying to impress the coach to make a high school basketball team . I don't remember a group of talented players looking so out of sync on both sides of the ball at SU.

Its kind of depressing but the good part of it is that they can only get better and more confident. That's what college basketball is all about that makes players play better is confidence imo. There's time to get better and we will. LGO!!

No leaders, no one has stood out yet and became the chief amongst all the indians, and it shows up big time on the court. Its like a bunch of players out there trying to impress the coach to make a high school basketball team . I don't remember a group of talented players looking so out of sync on both sides of the ball at SU.

Its kind of depressing but the good part of it is that they can only get better and more confident. That's what college basketball is all about that makes players play better is confidence imo. There's time to get better and we will. LGO!!
Two words bro. Two words: Dion Waiters. That's what this team needs.

qrc7iw.jpg

I would take MCW over Dion on this team. A big point that is tough at the top of the zone.
We lack the ability to drive to the rack, create offense despite lack of scheme and transition. I'd take Dion.

I would trade identity (buzz word?) for better inside defense, inside scoring, drives that lead to finishes. Last year's team got better when Cooney, Richardson & Gbinije made more effort to drive the lane.

I'd like it to be Roberson or Coleman that emerges as the leader. Senior leadership is special, and really helps continuity.

I really think Frankie is gonna get there - this season!

I hope you're right, but I'm concerned about this actually occurring based upon what we've seen in meaningful games. Hope it isn't just wishful thinking.

I hope you're right, but I'm concerned about this actually occurring based upon what we've seen in meaningful games. Hope it isn't just wishful thinking.
I think he began his progression at the end of last season, esp in the tourney. Now I believe it's getting more sound/consistent on D and maturing into a leadership role

How could we? We are playing 5 guys who weren't here last year, its going to take time.

I think he began his progression at the end of last season, esp in the tourney. Now I believe it's getting more sound/consistent on D and maturing into a leadership role

Going to the F4 was DEFINITELY a great learning experience for Frank--no argument there. I'm just not seeing it translate into lead guard quality so far this fall.

He's a flashy passer. His offense has improved. But can he run a team? TBD.

Might be a miscalculation by Coach B to derail his PGs on every mistake this year...this team NEEDS those guys to perform at a high level.

Just an observation

RF2044 said:
Going to the F4 was DEFINITELY a great learning experience for Frank--no argument there. I'm just not seeing it translate into lead guard quality so far this fall. He's a flashy passer. His offense has improved. But can he run a team? TBD.

I have the same concerns as well. We are screwed without a composed lead guard who's able to run the team. We need a pilot for this ship or its going to be a long up and down season with What loses and wins.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom