This was the funnest game ever! | Syracusefan.com

This was the funnest game ever!

bballbeadle

Woman of a certain age
Man, do you know what people went through to get to this game? Are we the heartiest fans in the country? I think we might be! And what a display our very well rested team put on for us tonight! For a while I felt we were back in the dipsy doodle days! (Don't ask me what I mean. Come on, you know!) Everyone contributing, beautiful assists, DaJuan going nuts, I can't even remember what else. Letting them get back in the game at the half was worrisome, but they came out and put on a highlight reel. I cannot wait to watch this game again.

Except for the ending. What the heck was that? Was Boeheim trying to teach them how to do the slow down game because we suck at it and then we sucked even more?? I cannot pierce through his Inscrutableness. I eagerly await someone else's explanation.

Or - I could go read the comments on the game thread.

Anyway, guys, this was a great win for us. A great win!

Great game. During the last two minutes I thought Fl State pressing was a bit over the top. I think it prevented JB from putting in the walk-ons.
But but but we are so very very bad at the slow down game. Why didn't we just keep playing awesomely? So what that they were pressing! Try to make some buckets instead of just dribbling around. Ya know what I'm saying? (Confession: I don't understand basketball at all.)

The end of the game was designed to protect the 60% shooting. Bring the ball up, eat some clock, then turn over. Can't mess with the % if you don't shoot.
Do that a few times.
Give up 5 points or so.
Win!

And to make matters even more delightful... Uconn folded in the closing minutes against... wait for it...

Temple... and lost!! How sweet it is... oh so suh weeeeet!
The only thing that would be sweeter is that loss makes Kevin Ollie decide to coach the Knicks. He is one of the names being mentioned.

But but but we are so very very bad at the slow down game. Why didn't we just keep playing awesomely? So what that they were pressing! Try to make some buckets instead of just dribbling around. Ya know what I'm saying? (Confession: I don't understand basketball at all.)
au contraire!~ you understand bball perfectly well!

Man, do you know what people went through to get to this game? Are we the heartiest fans in the country? I think we might be! And what a display our very well rested team put on for us tonight! For a while I felt we were back in the dipsy doodle days! (Don't ask me what I mean. Come on, you know!) Everyone contributing, beautiful assists, DaJuan going nuts, I can't even remember what else. Letting them get back in the game at the half was worrisome, but they came out and put on a highlight reel. I cannot wait to watch this game again.

Except for the ending. What the heck was that? Was Boeheim trying to teach them how to do the slow down game because we suck at it and then we sucked even more?? I cannot pierce through his Inscrutableness. I eagerly await someone else's explanation.

During his press conference, JB was asked to comment about the great crowd coming out in the storm. His response was something along the lines, "what storm? This is Syracuse. A few years ago predictions of 8 inches of snow wouldn't even get a mention. That's nothing around here. . . . . . The fans will come as long as the team is playing well. I the teams isn't good, well then the fans probably won't come."

During his press conference, JB was asked to comment about the great crowd coming out in the storm. His response was something along the lines, "what storm? This is Syracuse. A few years ago predictions of 8 inches of snow wouldn't even get a mention. That's nothing around here. . . . . . The fans will come as long as the team is playing well. I the teams isn't good, well then the fans probably won't come."
He's right about how the weather forecasters hype every single inch. - Pause for inappropriate thoughts but NOT comments! - But that does not negate the unassailable fact that we are the heartiest fans with heart in all of the kingdom.

That walk from the shuttle all the way around the stadium to Gate J was TURRIBLE! By the time I got to the gate I had icicles forming around my beard.

Great news, while at halftime I found out that you can enter the stadium at any gate! So that will never be happening again.

He's right about how the weather forecasters hype every single inch. - Pause for inappropriate thoughts but NOT comments! - But that does not negate the unassailable fact that we are the heartiest fans with heart in all of the kingdom.
I especially like the comment from JB on how Julie (from the south) was going shopping and her sister from Alabama said "In this?"

In truth, you are correct about the heartiest fans. Of course some campuses are even bigger and have just as bad weather to content with.

It's because we don't really have a ball handler. If it was hockey, we'd have lots of wingers, but no centers.

Great game. During the last two minutes I thought Fl State pressing was a bit over the top. I think it prevented JB from putting in the walk-ons.
Perhaps. But if JB had put the walkons out, might FSU have put theirs out too?

Well worth a 4 hour round trip!

Boeheim at his best. Do the math. Up the equivalent of 6 possessions with 2 minutes to go the opponent needs to hit a 3 every 20 seconds. We have enough points, just bleed clock and avoid multiple turnovers. Once (Our score - their score) > 3 x number of minutes left, start tracking average number of seconds they need to hit a three while we don't score and get the cigar ready.

Boeheim at his best. Do the math. Up the equivalent of 6 possessions with 2 minutes to go the opponent needs to hit a 3 every 20 seconds. We have enough points, just bleed clock and avoid multiple turnovers. Once (Our score - their score) > 3 x number of minutes left, start tracking average number of seconds they need to hit a three while we don't score and get the cigar ready.

Fair enough, but it was still ugly. Especially after such a remarkable shooting performance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom