This year has taught me... | Syracusefan.com

This year has taught me...

BostonOrange

2nd String
...that you can go a long way with defense. It's not as easy to recognize or appreciate a great defensive team as it is a great offensive team i think. There were many games this season - like the 2nd halves of pitt and gtown in the bet for instance - where my thought watching was that we sucked but luckily our opponents were even more incompetent than us. Turns out i was not giving us the credit we deserved. And, in the 2nd half last night our d was absolutely stifling. We held mich to 15 pts in the first 15 min before the fouling started. And it could have been a lot worse for mich. mcw clearly had a very tough game, but he had 5-7 deflections on the defensive end in the 2nd half that could have very easily had us going the other way in transition, but just tipped out of bounds, or back to the mich player. That left us in our half court offense which just wasnt good enough. Unfortunately in this game you eventually have to put the ball in the hole and in the end we were just a little short on offense. But...final four...that is a pretty special year. Now lets not wait 10 years to get back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom