Class of 2015 - C/PF Thomas Bryant (NY) Verballed to Indiana | Page 74 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 C/PF Thomas Bryant (NY) Verballed to Indiana

The NYTimes almost did a story about Cal and the recruitment of Anthony Davis. The story was pulled when the sports editor felt there was not enough substance to back their story. Would have been an interesting read :)

it wasnt the ny times. it was the chicago sun-times. the story was printed, and although threatening to sue, the davis' never did.

I can't blame the players 100%, some was simply personal they were going to struggle with such short guards against us on both ends. The other huge factor was that Crean had a week to really mess them up on what to do against our zone which worked wonders for SU. He never could figure it out at Marquette but at least there he had a couple good players who ignored him and made things happen. Olidepo did the same against us and that was the only thing that was even remotely successful. Those kids would have been better off with no Crean zone prep.

i hate to say it, but i disagree. that was a solid iu team. id say 50/50 at best.

it wasnt the ny times. it was the chicago sun-times. the story was printed, and although threatening to sue, the davis' never did.
Here is the link from the USA Today commenting on the article from the Chicago Sun Times back in 2010.

The story claimed sources from three separate schools told the paper that Davis' father, Anthony Davis Sr., was asking for between $125,000 and $150,000 for his son's commitment.

The story comes two days after the newspaper said the Davis family had made a deal worth $200,000 to select Kentucky. That started a firestorm Wednesday and led Kentucky to denying a reported deal and threatened a lawsuit against the paper.

Since Syracuse, along with Ohio St., were Kentucky's main competition for Davis, you'd have to wonder if one of the sources listed was SU

http://content.usatoday.com/communi...-schools-to-pay-for-commitment/1#.VRLvaeH9wy8

i hate to say it, but i disagree. that was a solid iu team. id say 50/50 at best.

i responded to the wrong message. i was referring to the su wins 10/10 times. i think we just played better than night. i think in a 10 game series, we'd have been lucky to split.

Here is the link from the USA Today commenting on the article from the Chicago Sun Times back in 2010.

The story claimed sources from three separate schools told the paper that Davis' father, Anthony Davis Sr., was asking for between $125,000 and $150,000 for his son's commitment.

The story comes two days after the newspaper said the Davis family had made a deal worth $200,000 to select Kentucky. That started a firestorm Wednesday and led Kentucky to denying a reported deal and threatened a lawsuit against the paper.

Since Syracuse, along with Ohio St., were Kentucky's main competition for Davis, you'd have to wonder if one of the sources listed was SU

http://content.usatoday.com/communi...-schools-to-pay-for-commitment/1#.VRLvaeH9wy8

those are the articles. thamel went hard at eric bledsoe over issues concerning his grades/eligibility. apparently, he had no shot of qualifying after his jr year. then, his hs closed, he went ham on school his sr year and not only improved his grades, but made up old classes and changed past fails to good grades. his transcripts from his old hs that closed, were never found.

i responded to the wrong message. i was referring to the su wins 10/10 times. i think we just played better than night. i think in a 10 game series, we'd have been lucky to split.

If you are talking about the regional game in Washington, I could not disagree more on the split theory. I was at that game and sat in the middle of Indiana fans. Five minutes into that game I was not worried at all and the Indiana fans were already conceding. SU looked bigger, faster, more athletic. I was really surprised at the size difference. Indiana guards other than Olidipo(sp?) looked like kids.

SU players were fighting amongst themselves as to who was going to block the next Indiana shot.

SU players were fighting amongst themselves as to who was going to block the next Indiana shot.
Haha, YEAH! It's a block party and SU was invited.
IUSyrITH0015a.jpg

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/campusrivalry/post/2010/08/sun-times-says-anthony-davis-dad-asked-three-schools-to-pay-for-commitment/1#.VRLvaeH9wy8
The word was that it was Northwestern of all places that dropped the dime. Davis was a high academic student as well with Ivy league grades. So it wouldn't be unusual if a school like Northwestern was trying to get involved early and had backed off due to hearing some fishy things about that situation.

The word was that it was Northwestern of all places that dropped the dime. Davis was a high academic student as well with Ivy league grades. So it wouldn't be unusual if a school like Northwestern was trying to get involved early and had backed off due to hearing some fishy things about that situation.

Makes you wonder what happened down the line with Nerlens Noel as well? Plus didn't McKinney, or Coleman say something about Kentucky offering him, or his Mom a house down there, or something? I forgot the details.

The silence is deafening with this recruitment. I have absolutely no idea what is going to happen at this point. It seems a little concerning that we've cleaned the decks and he still hasn't committed. It's like he's waiting to see what shakes down with UK and IU's rosters. I understand keeping his options open but...

Well that I don't agree with. That was an example of a team that was a good matchup for us while we were a horrible one for them. I don't know if we win 10 out of 10 but I know MCW and Triche have their way with Hulls and Ferrell 10 out of 10 games on both ends. If your guards cannot initiate the offense you become predictable and the zone can really swarm on the catch which is what happenned.

Well that I don't agree with. That was an example of a team that was a good matchup for us while we were a horrible one for them. I don't know if we win 10 out of 10 but I know MCW and Triche have their way with Hulls and Ferrell 10 out of 10 games on both ends. If your guards cannot initiate the offense you become predictable and the zone can really swarm on the catch which is what happenned.

thats fair. most will disagree. i think we caught iu on somewhat of an off night. im not trying to downplay our ff team. just thought iu had a good team that year. either way, it doesnt matter because we smacked them down and its a 1 game series.

Makes you wonder what happened down the line with Nerlens Noel as well? Plus didn't McKinney, or Coleman say something about Kentucky offering him, or his Mom a house down there, or something? I forgot the details.

I forget which one it came from but I thought it was a great job and apartment for his girlfriend and they stressed that his classes would be very easy take almost no time and he 'd do well in them.

Hulls looked like a lost child on the court.

Grant's blocks in the second half took what was left of Indiana's will to come back.

But back on topic, someone tell me Bryant is coming here...

The silence is deafening with this recruitment. I have absolutely no idea what is going to happen at this point. It seems a little concerning that we've cleaned the decks and he still hasn't committed. It's like he's waiting to see what shakes down with UK and IU's rosters. I understand keeping his options open but...
Not sure the decks are clear enough for him to say yes. It may have to be nine .The fact he has not done anything is good news. The appeal may change the numbers but the part about documenting the signing of the four new players is a concern.

Francis03 said:
This is my favorite twitter stealing move. Gonna repeat the same thing you said, but cite sources in the end lol.

Dont worry were tight like peanut butter and jelly on Italian bread lol.

remember this quote by Bryant's mother, I've always felt it was important in his recruitment.
As for Indiana, Bryant said she and her son have been turned off by the Hoosiers' recent spate of bad news, issues that have included failed drug tests and underage drinking. Six of Indiana's 13 scholarship players have been implicated in one or the other over the past year.

"They have a lot going on," Linda said. "It seems like we went down there under false pretenses. They didn't tell us anything about failed drug tests or that type of thing going on. My son doesn't need to be around that stuff." Syracuse.com

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom