Class of 2015 - C/PF Thomas Bryant (NY) Verballed to Indiana | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 C/PF Thomas Bryant (NY) Verballed to Indiana

Interesting article about "why WVU?" so far for 2015 recruits.

http://westvirginia.247sportss.com/Article/Outside-the-Crystal-Ball-161374

Remove the extra "s" from sports
REASONING: "Thomas was on hand for West Virginia's midnight madness in October with a slew of other big name Huntington Prep prospects, including 2015 wing Montaque Gill-Caesar, 2015 center Levi Cook (WVU commit) and 2016 small forward Miles Bridges, and from all accounts I've heard, he had a fantastic time.

LOL, I seriously doubt WVU's midnight madness compares to the amazing atmosphere that he witnessed at the Nova game. I can understand the kid being attracted to UK, UNC, and the KU's of the world but WVU? Really?
TB Emotional2.jpg

REASONING: "Thomas was on hand for West Virginia's midnight madness in October with a slew of other big name Huntington Prep prospects, including 2015 wing Montaque Gill-Caesar, 2015 center Levi Cook (WVU commit) and 2016 small forward Miles Bridges, and from all accounts I've heard, he had a fantastic time.

LOL, I seriously doubt WVU's midnight madness compares to the amazing atmosphere that he witnessed at the Nova game. I can understand the kid being attracted to UK, UNC, and the KU's of the world but WVU? Really?
View attachment 6471
If he was there on the weekend, I get it. I would not have survived 4 years on that campus.

I can imagine an arena packed full of mountaineer students being rowdy and fun.

Love how fierce Bryant is on the offensive side.

But Diallo would be an absolute dream for the zone. Seems like an Anthony Davis sorta guy.

Anyone have any stats on this game.
http://ukrecruiting.bloginky.com/2014/01/10/huntington-prep-tops-our-savior-n-y-in-thriller/
According to the recap above, Bryant dealt with foul trouble and finished with 9pts, 6rbs, and 4blks. Diallo played the whole game and finished with 17pts, 13rbs, and 4blks.

http://www.ihigh.com/mchsmustangs/broadcast_574897.html?silverlight=1
There goes a link for the full game that I'll peep later on whenever I get the chance. Hopefully Tommy's footwork and lateral quickness is much better in this one.

http://ukrecruiting.bloginky.com/2014/01/10/huntington-prep-tops-our-savior-n-y-in-thriller/
According to the recap above, Bryant dealt with foul trouble and finished with 9pts, 6rbs, and 4blks. Diallo played the whole game and finished with 17pts, 13rbs, and 4blks.

http://www.ihigh.com/mchsmustangs/broadcast_574897.html?silverlight=1
There goes a link for the full game that I'll peep later on whenever I get the chance. Hopefully Tommy's footwork and lateral quickness is much better in this one.
Diallo is an impact center who dominates games. We don't seem to be a serious player for him though.

I believe there were recruits with their friends sitting next to the student section. I couldn't make out who they were, I was at the opposite end. But it was a designated area they sat in where the pre game show took place.

I believe there were recruits with their friends sitting next to the student section. I couldn't make out who they were, I was at the opposite end. But it was a designated area they sat in where the pre game show took place.
Those were the football recruits. Basketball recruits usually sit in the first couple rows of the bleachers.

I want Bryant more than anyone right now but as a 5. I worry about DC2 and his knees plus Rak only has one season left.

I want Bryant more than anyone right now but as a 5. I worry about DC2 and his knees plus Rak only has one season left.

I agree.. I worry about dc2 as well. Any arinze like diamonds we are hunting out there?

Here goes something interesting that TB said to Brian Snow in an update today.

“I am hearing from Kentucky, West Virginia, and Kansas for sure,” explained Bryant. “Also the obvious ones like Syracuse, Villanova, St. John’s, Ohio State, and some other schools.”

A native of Rochester, New York, Syracuse is always a school that Bryant has been linked to, and he says that a good bond has been built with the program.

“I like how they are always in the 2-3 zone and everybody is doing their part and not doing too much,” explained Bryant. “The coaching staff there is great, and I could see myself in an Orange uniform. They just have a great atmosphere there and it is close to home.”

He talked up Nova and Ohio St as well but those schools are irrelevant to me in this battle.

Not sure I see him as a center. He has skills that can stretch the floor from the forward positions. He has developed an improved low post game but his size and skill set are formidable out on the perimeter.

Not sure I see him as a center. He has skills that can stretch the floor from the forward positions. He has developed an improved low post game but his size and skill set are formidable out on the perimeter.

Which in theory could make him even more valuable as a center for us on offense. Imagine a center setting the high screen that can't be left open. You can stretch the D as a 5 just as you can as a 4 and dragging the 5 is more likely to get rid of shot blocking than dragging the 4.

Edit: Also I think he cannot play the wings in our defense so its probably 5 or nothing at SU IMO.

Bryant is slow footed. Drags his legs when he runs. Kinda strange. He'd make a good center and would give us more offense inside than we're used to getting.

Here goes something interesting that TB said to Brian Snow in an update today.

“I am hearing from Kentucky, West Virginia, and Kansas for sure,” explained Bryant. “Also the obvious ones like Syracuse, Villanova, St. John’s, Ohio State, and some other schools.”

A native of Rochester, New York, Syracuse is always a school that Bryant has been linked to, and he says that a good bond has been built with the program.

“I like how they are always in the 2-3 zone and everybody is doing their part and not doing too much,” explained Bryant. “The coaching staff there is great, and I could see myself in an Orange uniform. They just have a great atmosphere there and it is close to home.”

He talked up Nova and Ohio St as well but those schools are irrelevant to me in this battle.

Sounds like a possible commit may be coming.

Bryant is slow footed. Drags his legs when he runs. Kinda strange. He'd make a good center and would give us more offense inside than we're used to getting.

I don't get this. Maybe I'm misinterpreting you, but you say he's slow-footed and drags his legs... those are not positive descriptions...but he'd make a good center? Or are you saying because he's slow-footed, he'd have to be a pure center, something we lack??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom