Class of 2015 - C/PF Thomas Bryant (NY) Verballed to Indiana | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 C/PF Thomas Bryant (NY) Verballed to Indiana

Thomas with 14 and 8 as Huntington prep wins it's 1st rd match up in the sporting goods hs invitational today. Watched the end of the game on Espnu, Bryant was very assertive both ends of the floor. Motor never stops

The replay is a available on ESPN3.com for anyone interested. Prob will be for the whole tournament

Surprised no one reported on Bryant today. Watched a bit but seems he didn't play well.

Foul trouble?

Surprised no one reported on Bryant today. Watched a bit but seems he didn't play well.

Foul trouble?
Caught the end of the game. The announcers said that he picked up 3 fouls in the first half and had to sit for the majority of the game with the backup filling in well in his place. He had his 4th when I started watching and looked very tentative not trying to foul out. Definitely didn't seem like the best game to evaluate him in.

Caught the end of the game. The announcers said that he picked up 3 fouls in the first half and had to sit for the majority of the game with the backup filling in well in his place. He had his 4th when I started watching and looked very tentative not trying to foul out. Definitely didn't seem like the best game to evaluate him in.
A lot of good players are starting to look tired with so many games in a row. Rashaad Vaughn looked exhausted and his shot was off.

Scout posted an article that Bryant has a top 6, and a relationship with Cuse. Anyone have any "insight"?

Isn't every kid? Being recruited by Kentucky is a leg up on an NBA contract.

Ding. Every high school athlete right now is dreaming of being offered/playing for Kentucky it almost assures they will end up in the league as a 1st round pick, and better than possibly a lottery pick. Doesn't mean every kid will get that.

Ding. Every high school athlete right now is dreaming of being offered/playing for Kentucky it almost assures they will end up in the league as a 1st round pick, and better than possibly a lottery pick. Doesn't mean every kid will get that.

If Rex Chapman is right about the Cal to the Lakers thing, I wonder if Kentucky's recruiting will come back down to mere mortal levels.

If Rex Chapman is right about the Cal to the Lakers thing, I wonder if Kentucky's recruiting will come back down to mere mortal levels.
I think they will still get their fair share of top tier players, but it won't be like it is now... hopefully.

If Cal leaves that probably means NCAA violations are coming. If that is the case they won't be getting 5-7 top 20 players every year.

Peach Jam Day 2 recap - ESPN (Insider) article 7-18-14

Listed as some of top performances:

Thomas Bryant
2015, C/PF, 6-foot-10, 225 pounds
Travel Team: Team SCAN Cardinals

Bryant is a big, long and skilled post that just keeps getting better and better. He is a consensus top-25 player and had 26 points and 13 rebounds in a victory over Spiece Indy Heat. His team got great performances from Cheick Diallo and Tyus Battle but it was Bryant's scoring and defense down the stretch that were the keys to the win.

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/ncbrecruitingon-the-trail/post/_/id/11067/peach-jam-day-2-recap

Little Tommy Bryant, Diallo mix:

First of all. Just. Wow. Great clip, thanks for posting. Incredible tandem. I really enjoy the high low passing Bryant to Diallo. Don't always see this in D1 as I suspect it takes two to tango. Tough to have that thought and talent between two bigs. TB's jumper looks good and a nice rejection in that video as well even though it looks like they called a foul on him. What, do the refs think he's already going to SU? ;)

This guy is really growing on me. Something about a 6'10 big who always plays angry. Nastiness counts.

Same. I was not that high on him 6 months ago. Does it look like his quickness has improved? Even shed some weight? Before I didn't think he could be a 4. Now maybe so. Like you, Francis, and others have said nastiness does count! We need some aggression from our bigs and team in general.

Same. I was not that high on him 6 months ago. Does it look like his quickness has improved? Even shed some weight? Before I didn't think he could be a 4. Now maybe so. Like you, Francis, and others have said nastiness does count! We need some aggression from our bigs and team in general.
Yeah, he looked a lot more agile than a year ago. Great sign, especially if we land this guy. I even think he gets off the ground better than last season. Still not crazy ups, but getting there.

Ive clearly favored jones throughout the 2015 recruitment and would stoll be happy if we landed him. But i think thomas bryant is the man with the plan to lead us back to the promise land.

When is his official visit going to be? I don't recall hearing the date.

I agree that getting Bryant would be a solid finish to this class (if it isn't already finished). I've seen a handful of his games (via television), and my take is that he is a 5 only. Team Scan played him on the wing of the zone only when Diallo was in there, due to Cheick being a much more dynamic shot blocker. I think the reality is, he is more of a Craig Forth-like positional defender who will hopefully use his length well. He'll never be a Fab Melo/Darryl Watkins shot blocking force, and that's probably ok, as he'll likely be a better rebounder than both of them. On offense, like most young bigs not named Moustapha (who is much more likely to be able to play the wing defensively), he doesn't have much of a low-post game currently. At least I haven't seen any post moves. I think the SU staff would do a nice job further developing his outside-in game, and he would be a nice option at the high post. Would hope that the draw of his family being able to take in his games will be enough to lure him, assuming there's a spot available.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom